FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHobbies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 1:12pm
I forgot to mention photography too!  And hey - does watching Dr. Phil count as a hobby?!?
Andie
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 1:31pm
Lol Andie! Cant saw ive ever switched the telly on in the day, but I procastinate from doing housework by sitting on here!

I too have so far resisted scrapbooking cos of the potential expense, but Dollar value have some flash looking stuff for cheap so I might just start a scrapbook for Isla some day soon. I have painted things for Isla's room, and made her some toys to play with.
I am also in the process of making a blokit collage of black and white pics of Isla.
Got a birth coss stitch before Isla was born that I havent even started,..I WILL finish it before her first birthday,..yeah right
Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Kellz Kellz wrote:

Lol Andie! Cant saw ive ever switched the telly on in the day, but I procastinate from doing housework by sitting on here!

Ditto! You should see my house right now.

I am a reader and love breast feeding because I can read all I want and am completely justified in doing so!
I also have a new bike sitting in the garage that I should ride more often, but haven't got there yet. Before DD I played netball, but I am too scared of getting knocked in the chest with tender BF boobs to play this season! LOL!
I am trying to knit, but am useless, so will see how that one goes.
Is shopping a hobby? 'Cos I love it!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Mazzy Mazzy wrote:

I am a reader and love breast feeding because I can read all I want and am completely justified in doing so!

Oh my gosh! How lucky! Theres no way I could do anything when Im breast feeding my reflux bubba,..shes on and off and screams, and back on and off, the whole time!
Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 1:57pm
Oh no! That sounds like hard work. Mine was like that when she was really little but seems to have settled down now.

Must get off computer and clean house!
BabyOnBoard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyOnBoard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 2:16pm
I'm an amatuer scrapbooker and writer, so hard to find time within my studies and I'm not expecting that to change with bubs. I love the whole vegie/herb garden thing also, just waiting for the new house so I can get started.
Puzzles also - but only when the whole family gets round the table (all four generations) and does it together! So much fun
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 3:36pm
You're right Andie, I don't get much time to myself. And my instrument is no more child-friendly - children under 18mos can't seem to handle the pitch of the flute Fortunately most of my hobbies can be done with kids in tow.

My hobbies:
Cooking/baking
Walking
Having people over
Chatting on OB (it's my support group!)
Reading self-help/psychology books but too much of that is a drain.

I don't watch TV during the day - it's a principle thing, especially now that the girls are older/awake more. TV is after 7pm at my place.

Those 4-gen puzzles sound so fun!
Rackhell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rackhell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 5:27pm
Hi

My hobbies include:

Lurking on ohbaby
Reading (though after baby is born, this will go right out the window i suspect)
Sorting out new house-to-be built details (lucky i love fiddly stuff)
Walking
Sleeping (not strictly a hobby, but do seem to spend quite a bit of time doing this...)
Coffeeing and shopping

and must have my Dr Phil fix!

Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 6:51pm
RE Scrapbooking sites. A heck of a lot of them are US based, so they are all Guy Fawkes, winter christmas etc.. One that I have been looking at is this one.. Unlike the others it is Australian based so is a bit more relevant to people in the Southern Hemisphere... (Summer christmas stuff etc). Apparently it is really easy. Just clicking and dragging sort of stuff!!! Right up my alley! ... This is something that I want to get into. Some of the Layouts in the Gallery area are FANTASTIC!!!
formerly known as "Bee"

Ethan ~ March 2003 Big 6 year old school boy!
Micah ~ Aug 2008 ~ Smiley pants who loves telephones!
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 7:37pm
Winter and Summer Touch Rugby, both kids have grown up around both of us playing that, they always come with us when we play. I won't be playing winter touch due to impending arrival, nor will I get a chance to play summer as it starts after Labour weekend I don't reckon I'd be ready to play by then. So will look at playing again in the New Year.

Other than that, I love to read, my book shelf is bulging with books and I've read them all at least twice.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12