FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNEED WAYS TO INDUCE LABOUR NOW!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEED WAYS TO INDUCE LABOUR NOW!!!!!!!
    Posted: 23 June 2007 at 2:28pm
OK im sooooooooo over this now!! and seen as Astin is already BIG!!! i want him out!!!!!!

SO PLEASE!!!! anything you can think of to induce labour would be muchly apreciated!! even if it may only be an old wives tale!!! im willing to try anything!!!...even *special cuddles* in such a fat state!!!
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 2:50pm
Taken from the june thread..

Common methods
Sex- works due to the semen(which contains prostaglandins) on the cervix. Don't get up straight after sex, lie there & relax, maybe raise hips to help bathe the cervix in semen
Oral sex- Apparently semen is absorbed 10times more effectively through the gut than through the vagina lol
Nipple stimulation- Works best if continued for between 20mins & an hour.
Membrane sweeping- which the MW does to separate the bag of waters from the cervix. Safe but uncomfortable- doubling the chance of spontaneous labour over the next week.

Alternate therapies
Evening primrose oil- acts as a prostaglandin, which ripens or softens the cervix and increases the flexibility of the pelvic ligaments helping the baby to deeply engaged in te pelvis.
Caulaphyllum-
Clary sage oil- add 10 drops to your bath & take a long soak. Can also be sniffed on a handkerchief. AVOID USING AROUND OTHER PREGNANT WOMEN AS MAY INDUCE EARLY LABOUR
Acupuncture- see registered practitioner
Raspberry leaf tea

Massage
Cervical massage- 2o'clock spot on the cervix- rub for as long a 30mins, slowly and gently
Thigh massage-
Reflexology points-
*pressure on the space between the thumb & forefinger- for pain relief as well as stimulating uterine contractions
*Pressure 4 finger width above inner ankle
*Pressure on the roof of your mouth

Food
Cumin seed tea
Fresh pineapple
Liquorice
Hot curry/chili

Exercise
Intense music- to dance about the house
Swinging- Go to playground & swing on those big swings
Curb walking- Walk along the curb one leg up on the curb & one leg in the gutter, then turn around and go back the other way
OR
Have a good cry- to relieve tension as tension works against labour
Changing temperature- Alternate hot/cold water
Arrange lots of fun things to do- facial, massage, haircut etc- even if it doesn't work it'll be fun
Wear your best knickers - A variation on Murphy's law

Edited by kebakat
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 3:04pm
Dare I say, it's going to happen when it happens, in the end most stuff won't work unless you are about to go into labour and with three weeks to go.... (mind you I did enjoy eating as much curry as possible!!)

I can understand how frustrated you must be though...hang in there your're nearly at the end.

Was your first bubs early or late?

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 3:37pm
My goodness, that is one impressive list Stacey!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 3:39pm
Wow Stacey great list. I have printed it off and given it to my SIL who is due Monday

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 3:48pm
Speaking with my MW the other day she highly recommended Acupuncture as a alternative to induction. Apparently a nicer method than synotocin (sp). Something i'd give a go.. syno sucked
Shame i cant find a practitioner close-by.

ETA: The raspberry leaf tea is for toning uterus rather than inducing

Edited by Glow
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 4:03pm
Acupuncture rocks, I had treatment the day I went into labour and I think it really helped - although that's not to say that it was what sent me into labour, that happened on it's own. Pretty much all of the methods above are good to try, but I have to agree with Paws - you will only go when your body is good and ready. Hang in there!
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 4:52pm
I had a stretch and sweep followed by a big walk and special cuddles and went into labour the next day.
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 5:33pm
my mw reacons baby will come when it wants to come, so ive jsut stuck to drinking my RL tea.
i got a huge bub in me to chick and it isnt pleasant, im actually dreading the birth lol, but like you want it all over adn done with.
hope he makes his entrance for you soon.
I have heard tho EPO is apparently supose to work??
Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 5:34pm
a glass of a real fizzy drink and a drive down a road with lots of pot holes lol
this actually does work we made my friend do it TWICE and it worked both times

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 10:47pm
Evening primrose oil is meant to soften the cervix and runs the risk of inducing labour.  Sounds like a risk you'd be well-prepared to take, eh!  Only don't take it the normal way... it goes in your lady-parts if you're using it for this! 
Andie
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 10:54pm
I did EPO twice a day with a glass of water and at night up my bits. It acts the same way semen does.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 11:06pm
Some of what is on that list is an eye opener

My midwife told me the Sex only works if you are doing it around twice a day and lying on your back with your legs in the air for the 30 minutes afterwards, and even then it would take a few weeks of it. Considering how awkward it is at that stage of pregnancy you can assume correctly DH and I didn't go with that one!

Not sure what I did, but Sam came a week early when she hadn't even been engaged the day before. I did have a spicy chicken burger from Wendys that night....you never know

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 9:51am
well according to my MW Bay was induced a week early but to my dates he was 3 weeks late!! and i was right in the end cos he showed all the signs of an extremely overdue bubs when he arrived!!

Im certainly going to give these a go!!

I havnt spoken to my MW yet since iv had the scan but im also eager to induce cos at my last scan the sonographer was a little concerned about the size of Astins tummy!! (in the upper 80-90%!) and then at the last scan on friday she said it was even bigger! and asked if i had been tested for gest. diabetes!!????? she was a grumpy lady! so wouldnt answer anymore of my questions so im eager to see what MW thinks...

Where would i get EPO from???...and hhhhmmmmm i have to put it up my whohaa!!???....hhhmmmm
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 10:08am
EPO you get fromt he health store. My MW said no way no how to use it up my vjj - she said that there are less receptors there than orally and you can cause infections and thrush. Other people's MW say it is ok to use it that way though, but do check with MW first. Taking it orally should do the same thing but even more efficiently - just like how on Staceys list it suggests oral over vaginal sex as more efficient.
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 10:14am
hhhmmmm i will take the oral route i think (an not the sex one!! yuck!) with the EPO...
megrac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megrac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 4:05pm
when i was 2 weeks over my mw did streach and sweep twice and she gave me the epo in my vjj and my mum made me walk around the block twice and i went into labour the night before i was to be induced.
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 4:53pm
*Bump, kick, slap- head to top, or top 2 toes*
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 4:16pm
geez i saw this thread and thought "ha!!??? its a bit late now!" lol!!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 5:17pm
thats funny - think it was for that other lady asking about natural induction. must have been a bit weird seeing it tho.!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>