FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked5W herbal birth tonic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Licken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5W herbal birth tonic
    Posted: 07 September 2007 at 9:40am
Hi there

I am a first time Mum whose midwife recommended use of a herbal tonic called 5W for preparing the uterus for birth.   Has anyone used this before?

I am keen to hear about your experiences as I am unsure of the safety and effectiveness of this herbal tonic.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

jaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2007 at 10:00am
It comes in capsule form too. I used the capsules. You start taking them about five weeks before your due date. My birth was relatively straight forward but its hard to say whether the 5W was a contributing factor.
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2007 at 11:36am
I'm unsure whats in them but im guessing raspberry leaf tea? I drunk it from 35 weeks with Caprece and not Jack. My labour with Caprece was way more efficient but that could just be because she was number 2. I don't think theres any harm in taking it.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2007 at 9:42pm
My uncle is the president of the NZ charter of health practitioners (aka health nuts!) and he gave me 5W to take from about 33 weeks with the gremlins. It's usually the last 5 weeks but they were expected to be early. It's perfectly safe and won't make you go into labour if you're not ready, but it might help the body's natural responses to labour and birth.

And I passed my leftovers on to Jaz and her baby literally fell out so I guess it was OK for her [;)
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
BabyOnBoard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyOnBoard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 9:33am
I started to take it but kept forgetting because it was 3x daily with meals and I'm a bit of a grazer so don't really have any routine to my meals.
But it did come highly reccommended
 Post Reply Post Reply