FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2x Random MCN Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2x Random MCN Questions
    Posted: 05 October 2007 at 8:47pm
Just a couple of things I've been wondering the answers to recently... I'm sure someone will be able to help me

Why do people like fitted nappies? To me they don't seem that good an idea as you need a cover with them & they don't seem that cheap???

I've bought some covers recently (to use with prefolds) & they have a little square of velcro on the inside of the cover. This is a laundry tab, right?? To stop them sticking to other items in the wash?

Thanks girls.

Edited by sally belly
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 8:51pm
I don't use fitteds because I can't be bothered with the covers lol.. but I've heard they are more absorbent which is probably why people go for them

And yes thats the laundry tab
Gracielou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gracielou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 9:08pm
I found fitteds great at containing newborn explosions, sort of a double layer preventing leaks.

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 9:09pm
I have 2 fitted nappies and find them brilliant. I use them when going out an about as they are more reliable than the pocket nappies I have. They are super absorbent and they are also more trim fitting. I only have 2 because of the cost and because they only last so long before you have to buy the next size up. I find the covers really great and seem to be able to get a better leak free fit than what I get out of my pocket nappies. My pockets are onesize though and may be easier to use when he is bigger. Apparently they should last a whole night but I haven't risked trying it yet I prefer to stuff my pocket nappy to the max instead!!! but I do have a big pee'r.

MILF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 9:24pm
i use fitteds, and have only just branched out into pockets. fitteds are best for containing poos, they dont leak out the side as there are 2 lots of leg elastic to hold it in. they are more absorbant, and even if the nappy is wringing, the cover will generally hold it in.

pockets need changed more often i am finding.

i wouldnt have looked at pockets in the first 6 months, the fitteds did so well for us. and they arent that much more expensive i dont think. i use snazzi fitteds, and bummis covers (prefer bummies pants for reliability, but the wraps are best for ease of use.)

hope that helps some.
Lyla - mum to

Xanthe - my big 4 year old
and
Jordis - 1 year old
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 9:29pm
yes they are laundry tabs.

fitted nappies rock...great for nights with a knitted soaker, great in summer with no cover and a t shirt. great for holding in poo explosions... and no more expensive than some pockets. in fact a lovely snazzipants fitted is cheaper than a fuzzi bunz or honeychild pocket nappy. and the sizing is approx the same as pocket nappies too (excluding one size pockets) and they come in one size too - in fact my fave overnight fitted for toby is a one size fitted from joel eze naps.
sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 9:29pm
Thanks for the great advice Think I'll make a trip to the Snazzipants shops tomorrow to check some fitted naps out.
MILF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 9:56pm
oooh i am SOO envious of you being able to go to the snazzi shop! i want i want... when i finally get up north i will need a suitcase for all my shopping from there. think that is why dh is resisting going to auckland lol.
Lyla - mum to

Xanthe - my big 4 year old
and
Jordis - 1 year old
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 10:01pm
I didn't know you could get one size fitted naps, might have to try one of those

Post Reply Post Reply