FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch & April 2008 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 271272273
Author
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 5:26pm
Lol Anouska, I often feel that I kill the thread

Trish the lake is cool huh? They madeover the whole area a few years ago, it's such a good place to take the kids to, they love it!

Hi Dawn!!

We are ... surviving. I guess at the moment that is the best way I can describe it! I knew having 3 kids would be full-on, but holy moly, the reality is something else!! Trying to balance everyone's needs is difficult. I feel most sorry for Lilia as she doesn't get alot of 1-on-1 time with me. Also I've been using the tv much more than I ever wanted to. I feel tense alot and have been getting grumpy and yelling - so NOT the type of mum I wanted to be! There have been days when I honestly feel overwhelmed and end up just crying It's certainly made me think that it might be better not to have another baby .

Wow, OK I didn't realise I was going to off-load all that on to you guys! Thanks for listening!

Don't get me wrong, even with all the tears and stress, I wouldn't change a thing. I know it will get better as time goes on and I figure out how to make it all work. Also I have to remember to not sweat the small stuff. I think this week has been worse because DH is in Auckland all week. Have to say, I think single parents are AMAZING!

Better go and get dinner sorted while C is asleep. Hope I didn't killl the thread!
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Sponsored Links

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 7:20pm
*hugs* Daph. Don't feel bad. I get days like that just with my 2! Definitely not having DH around makes a difference.

And I'm sure once you're all settled into a routine that things will feel a lot better.
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 10:07am
Thanks Trish

This week has been much better, yay! I think every now & then I just need a day to let it all out

I think I really need to get onto TTing Lilia. I'm pretty sure she is totally ready for it. Just have to psych myself up to it I'm hanging out for Ollie to start morning kindy, then I'll have heaps more time to dedicate to her. I try to grab a few minutes with her as I can, just to talk or do something specifically with her, but to be honest when Ollie is around she isn't all that interested in me

Better be off, going to try and catch a shower while all the kids are happy. Hope you are all well
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 3:33pm

Wow, Aug 5th last time this thread was posted in.  Where are you all??

Hi from me anyways, and hope you're all having a great summer!

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 1:37pm
Ha ha ha, I did kill the thread!

I'm still around and probably check in to see if anyone has posted once a week. What a surprise to see someone had

I'm doing good for the most part. Am a lot happier and coping heaps better. Still have hard days, but then, who doesn't?

Hope everyone else is well
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2011 at 7:59pm

Haha, Hi Daph - wondered if you'd be the first to pop back in!  Great to hear you're doing better.  Yes, very normal to have bad days!

OMG  "Legends of the Fall" is on Vibe right now, my favourity movie!!  Still remember going to the movies to watch it and crying.  Brad's so hot.  Can't help but think of him when I hear the name Tristan now.

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2011 at 8:46pm
aaah We ended up with a french copy of it one summer during Uni. There was bugger all on tv so ended up watching "Legendes d'automne' quite often!

Hi ladies!
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2011 at 2:38pm
Mmmm Brad Actually I don't think I've ever watched Legends of the Fall Will have to get DH to find it so I can watch it.

Lilia and I baked a chocolate cake today. I didn't read the recipe fully so there was a lot more cake than I expected and ended making 2 Yummy!! Can't wait for dinner time although maybe the kids can convince me to have cake for afternoon tea. Maybe I'll suggest it to them
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2011 at 5:42pm

Hmmm cake!  I've been meaning to bake all holidays, haven't got to it yet.  Although I bought the ingrediants for a dessert, so might make that tonight to eat while watching AI.  I've been super organised tonight and dinner was cooked by 5pm!  And all eaten by 5:15.  That's unheard of in this house.

Yes, daph you must watch Legends of the Fall!!!

Well kids getting in the bath now, better go supervise.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Jessaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 9:54am
Hi all, new here - my eldest was born April 2008 and we are trying for number two :) Any advice as My precious boy isnt all that keen on the idea of a little brother or sister!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 271272273