FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked**Due May 2009**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 296297298
Author
tibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 12:19pm
I can see a wee glimmer of light at the end of a very dark tunnel. Started CC or as it's now referred to VR with Will last night after 4 mths of waking 1-2 hrly. Some dedicated mums can cope with that but not me. Anyway for those of you having sleep issues with either toddlers or babies l can't recommend The Sleepstore facebook page highly enough. Fantastic free sleep advice.

SK, sounds like you have your hands full. Would still love to catch up.

Hi to everyone else!
Sponsored Links

SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 1:33pm
Tibby, \I swore by the sleep store info with both mine. Good luck with Will. Come round next week sometime when you are free x
tibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 11:13am
That would be lovely. Will be in touch.
tibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 3:10pm
SK, doesn't look like we can pop over this week. Ollie getting over a cold and cough and Will now in the thick of it. We have been stuck in for a week now and it's driving me mad. Anyone know if any of the cough medicines work for babies?

Was going to send Ollie to his Porse carer today as he is well enough to go but he had little tears running down his face when she came to get him. I asked him if he wanted to stay home and he said yes. When we came back inside he looked at me and said 'l feel a bit sad'. Bless.... too cute.

Oh and l found Will has his bottom 2 teeth already. No wonder he is chewing everything!
Katrina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 1:11pm
So quiet in here. Busy-ness all around!!

So at the 3 month Plunket check, they noticed Charlotte was developing a flat head on one side and didn't turn left ... at all. I'd kinda noticed, but didn't think much of it. They referred me to the hospital Physio who then sent me a letter basically saying "get lost. If it's still a problem in another 3 months we might take you then".

We'd already taken Lucas to a Cranio-sacral guy after he was born 'cause he'd been a forceps delivery, so we decided to take Charlotte and see if he could fix her.

Turns out the 4.5 hour delivery was a bit much for her body to keep up with and the muscles and tendons hadn't done what they should have. After 1/2 an hour of gentle tweaking, she seems to be much better! Looks left beautifully and feeds without choking (she would almost turn blue on occasions!). Such a relief. Even caught her sleeping on her left lately.

So pleased we just took matters into our own hands and got it sorted.

Anyone looked into the Montessori preschool setup? Been thinking I may send Lucas to somewhere like that in a year or two. Interested in hearing about people's experiences.
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 9:08pm
Katrina- that must've been scary for you guys! I hope Charlotte is ok!
We've enrolled Clodagh at the local Montessori preschool and quite frankly I can't wait till she starts lol. she is one busy child! They take them as early as 2 years, 10 months at ours but I think we'll wait until she's 3- unless she is the right 'fit' at that age.
All well here anyway, I hardly ever come on OB anymore lol but its nice to see everyone is still enjoying their babies...I'm finding this age (2) very hard though. Oh well at least she's TT during the day now and almost there overnight. That's one less lot of nappies to wash lol

tibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 1:13pm
Hey MrsB must have had her baby by now???
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 2:37pm
Hi
Good thing I get an email when there is an update I never come on here any more and doesn't seem like anyone else does either!

Yes Tibby I have Our little girl was born on the 11th Sep at 41wks 9lb 3oz. I attempted a VBAC but ended up with another c-section for failure to progress after stalling at 5cm - stupid body! So a bit gutted about that but recovery this time has been a breeze in comparison. C has settled nicely into his role as big brother although still likes to break out the challenging 2yo behaviour while I'm stuck feeding on the couch! Hope everyone else is doing well.
tibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 8:24pm
Oh wow huge congrats. What have you called her? Ollie still causes chaos when l'm BF. Bummer about the c/s again but at least you gave it a go and she was a jolly good size!
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 10:00pm
We named her Hannah yep she was a good size but we expected that as C was 9lb 6oz - I make big babies! My OB wanted me to bring my elective date forward a week because I had a BPP scan at 38wks that showed she was approx 4.2kgs then but I dug my heels in and said no. I went into labour the day before my original elective date, the OB was right after all but I got my trial of labour (and my god it hurt!) so I was happy with that.

Not sure if this link will work:

Photo

Edited by Mrs_B
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2011 at 12:57pm
Oh yay MrsB, congrats!! She is so yummy.
I come on here but couldn't work out where our thread had gone.. duh! H also likes to bring out the challenging behaviour when I am giving little miss her bottle.
How's everyone doing? Any more babies?
Joscia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joscia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2011 at 3:06pm

Oh look! Our thread got bumped up! Hi everyone - long time, no see etc...

Congrats Mrs_B! Hannah is such a pretty name.

Definitely no more babies here! We are very firmly in the 'one and done' camp. Still zero inclination to go there again, and I don't see that changing, well, ever to be honest!

I find it quite funny how people tend to pigeon-hole you when you say that you've made a conscious decision to have an only child - like you're a bit weird or something. (Though, maybe I am, right? ) I guess that's par for the course when you don't stick to the formula.

Here's a recent pic of Gus looking spunky (with a vacuum cleaner-styled mohawk):

tibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2011 at 1:40pm
Oh she's gorgeous MrsB. Mmmm, labour...yuk!
Very handsome wee man Joscia.
KTPie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KTPie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2011 at 8:23pm

Congrats MrsB! What a gorgeous wee girl :) Great size too!!

Joscia, Gus is adorable!

Kaylah doesn't play up too often anymore when Mia is having a feed, but it has now become her time to have an accident! Not cool - I am so over potty training!! It's like a constant battle of one step forward, 2 steps back. Grrr!

Hope everyone is well - YAY for the warmer weather and longer days! :)

SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 1:42pm
How's everyone going?

My little girl has turned one and is taking her first steps! I can't believe how quickly the time has gone.

Joscia, Gus is too cute!

How's everyone's TT going? We were doing ok but now regressed and back in nappies. GRRR.
tibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2011 at 2:15pm
Anyone else finding their 2 yr old impossible to deal with??? He doesn't listen, misbehaves and is generally unruly. However he tends to be ok when we are out??? Very hard work.

Going to start TT once we move next week. Joy!

Can't believe she is one already, where is the time going???
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2011 at 3:49pm
Yes, yes, yes and yes Tibby! C is a nightmare. He doesn't even behave when I take him out! People often comment on how full on he is.

TT - haven't really attempted it. Waiting until summer. He does like to wee on the grass though! So every nappy change it's "I do wees on the grass?" So off he charges outside to wee on the grass. So I guess if I pushed the matter we could get there but I've put it in the too hard basket for now.

I'll probably get slapped on the hand from OB for this but is anyone keen to join a private Facebook page for this group? I hardly ever come on here anymore as I don't like the fact that it is so easily accessible by anyone but miss having you girls to chat/whinge to about our rampaging toddlers ;) PM if you're keen and I'll set one up :)
CarrieMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 8:05am
Hey guys Im not sure if anyone comes in here anymore but I just wanted to share our news that we're finally expecting number 2! It took us a long time to decide to have another one (and then 6 months TTC) but as we live back in NZ now with family support Im hoping it will be easier this time around.

Congratulations on all the second babies in here!

Mrs_B I'm planning an elective caesarian this time after my unpleasant labour and emergency caesarian last time. Sorry your VBAC didn't work out.

Anyway its nice to check in with you all. I hope everyone is going well.

Carrie.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 296297298