FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF Questions.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IVF Questions.
    Posted: 16 October 2008 at 11:03am
Hey there,

I have a friend who has just completed her first cycle of IVF with a BFN. I have a few questions that I dont want to ask her at thi stage but kinda want to know where she goes from here.

She had about 8 eggs collected and 6 were fine for implantation. One was put in and 5 were frozen.

I know you get 2 funded 4 rounds but does that mean 2 goes at putting an egg in or two collection cycles.

I hope that makes sense! And thanks for yoru help with this!!!

Sponsored Links

JenCal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenCal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 2:12pm
From what I understand the govt funds 2 fresh cycles; which includes egg retrieval and transfer.

I'm not sure if they fund FET (frozen embryo transfer) or not.... I have wondered the same thing myself.
I'm sorry your friend had the BFN, I can imagine that must be devastating - Im still trying to lose weight for IVF. I have read that some people respond better to a FET cycle. Wishing your friend lots of healing and luck!!
Lee180 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 7:19pm
Hey Peanut

The two govt funded cycles includes transfer of all embryos produced, so initially you have your fresh transfer then any other good embryos you have produced are frozen. These are each then defrosted and replaced (only one each cycle - although this depends on certain factors such as age and how many failed fresh cycles you have behind you) before you are able to use your second govt funded cycle.
You are such a kind friend going to these lengths to find out what happens next and would be a wonderful person to have supporting someone who is on this very complicated journey!
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 8:32pm
Thanks for that. Its much clearer now. Was kinda stressing that she only got one more chance with a frozen one and that was it.

So she gets all 5 (one per cycle) and thats one funded round finished and then gets her second funded round if no BFP (which I am sure there will be...positive thinking and all that).

JenCal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenCal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 7:56am
The only other thing to take into account, is that not all embryos make it through the thaw. PP is right, they will only transfer one embryo, so I'm not sure how many embryos they would thaw... KWIM?

Perhaps they just thaw one at a time, and if it makes it they transfer - I just don't know.
I'm still trying to qualify for it...
chickpea View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 12:46pm
They thaw just one at a time. They will ring you before you go to the clinic for transfer to tell you whether or not the frozen embryo has thawed successfully.
Mandy269196 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mandy269196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by JenCal JenCal wrote:

From what I understand the govt funds 2 fresh cycles; which includes egg retrieval and transfer.

I'm not sure if they fund FET (frozen embryo transfer) or not.... I have wondered the same thing myself.

I'm sorry your friend had the BFN, I can imagine that must be devastating - Im still trying to lose weight for IVF. I have read that some people respond better to a FET cycle. Wishing your friend lots of healing and luck!!

Sorry for chiming in to the thread so late, just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Yoga can totally help you lose weight for IVF if that's your goal.

Yoga burns calories when done the right way, that's for sure!

If you are serious about losing weight and getting fit, you might want to implement a 60-minute power yoga and/or vinyasa flow practice at least five to six days per week.

This yoga weight loss program was easy to follow and worked flawlessly for me.

Each class is easy to follow, but is varied and enjoyable. Dynamic Sequencing means you'll always be challenged regardless of your current level.

If you want to follow my example, think about coupling your practice with a whole foods diet for optimal results.

Good luck!

Mandy
 Post Reply Post Reply