FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFirst walking shoes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First walking shoes
    Posted: 22 April 2009 at 2:12pm
Hey ladies,

Just getting geared up for when the girls start walking as they are looking pretty close. Just wondering what shoes are best for their first pair of walking shoes? The only ones I can find are Bobux IWALK but they are horrendously over priced for kids shoes (well so I thought anyway) I want something functional but since I have to buy 2 pairs not too pricey. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount just not $60 per shoe!

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 3:07pm
Keep them in the basic bobux as they provide more natural grip or something like that.  Basically I think the best walking things are barefeet, followed by something like bobux.  When they are walking really well thats when you need to go to something more longer lasting.  I used bobux till Tom was about 15months (cruising from 8months, walking from 13).  Then I bought him some "hoof"s and they are great (cheap too)  www.hoof.co.nz
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 3:42pm
Yep you need something softer than an i-walk for when they first start walking .. the bobux toddler range would be good.

Moose do a cheaper version of the bobox toddler shoe.

Issy has been walking since 10 months .. but she is only now walking around in "everyday" type shoes (nikes, vans etc) .. but she still has trouble if the sole of the shoe is too hard.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 7:19pm
At home Caden walks round in bare feet(if its not cold) or socks with gripy bits on the bottom.
When we go out he just has wee baby sneakers with good grip on the bottom, and he has another soft pair of shoes that are very flexible and good for when they start walking, he does really well in them and his sneakers(oh and Cadens shoes are just good old baby factory ones!) I wont pay anything over $30 for shoes for him! my nana go him the sneakers and they were $29.99 and the softer ones were $15.95

Edited by Sheza

Summersmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summersmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2009 at 2:11am
agree that barefeet are the best (or grippy socks). My DD just had sneakers/sandels from warehouse/kmart. I tried to make sure they were leather and not plastic but other than that, Im pretty sure it doesnt really matter what brand they are as long as they fit well.
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2009 at 8:47am
Thanks ladies. Good news about barefeet being best to begin with that should save me some dosh for awhile Although I do have a shoe addiction the girls have had a million pairs of booties and baby shoes already hehe.
By the way Sheena I love the name Lilyan Esmes middle name is Lily

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2009 at 10:24am
Farmers, baby factory, k-mart, the warehouse & the shoe warehouse are good for getting those really soft soled first shoes too.
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2009 at 12:09pm
I used bobux.. im about to buy her some of these adn if your girls have small feet they hav cheap ones here
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
anna265476 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna265476 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2021 at 8:28am
I really like it when sneakers are combined with clothes. What do you think?
anna265476 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna265476 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2021 at 9:48am
Recently I bought new yeezy slides and it looks very nice with dresses and shorts and other summer clothes. I really like the fact that I can mix so many stylish clothes and look beautiful and at the same time I will be very comfortable. What shoes do you like?
 Post Reply Post Reply