FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCry Baby Movies Session -Urgent Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RunningT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RunningT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cry Baby Movies Session -Urgent Advice
    Posted: 24 June 2009 at 9:49am
I have a meeting today with the owner of our local movies theatre to discuss running one of these sessions in our town.

I need advice from mothers that have attended these in other places.

What works well... do you take your prams in.. leave the lights on dim... turn the movie up loud or keep it quieter???

Help Help Help... I really want to get this in place here!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

paulainauckland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulainauckland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 9:55am
I love these sessions. Best if the volume is turned down and in our local, it's just not quite practical to have your pram near you as the steps aren't wide enough. But if you have one of the old fashioned theatres, that would be awesome.

Lights - well dim would be good if that's an option.

Best of luck setting that up!

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 9:55am
Haven't ever been to one as the noise factor was a concern for me (as in noise of movie being to loud) so I would say turn it down. Lights on dim would prob be great as then you can see baby and what your doing if you need to do anything. Hope meeting goes well for ya would be a great thing for Thames!!
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 9:58am
I found it easier to take the buggy in once he hit about 6 months and was out of the capsule - otherwise I would have had to hold him.

Lights were dimmed rather than off which was great for finding snacks, thrown toys, feeding etc.

The movie was on at normal volume - which was fine for most movies...the only one that ended up being a issue at that volume was Mama Mia.

Hoyts trys to make you sit in the "right" seat which is never going to work as most Mums are wanting aisle seats etc so suggest that they don't issue seated tickets.

Great thing to get up and running. The ones here at Hoyts allow other people in at the same price also as mothers and bubs but they understand that the theatre will have babies etc in it and they can't complain so may be an option to suggest to them if they are concerned.

crakars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crakars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 10:45am
Sound down a bit - prams can come in - most people leave them up the front anyway. our cinema doesnt have the lights dimmed as the light from the movie is bright enough - cost is sometimes cheaper - and there is an issue apparently with the rating of the movies - cant have babies watching R16!
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 1:01pm
I've been to two cinemas that run them. At one we left the prams in a closed off room, which worked well. Can't remember what we did at the other one, as I used a capsule. They were great I thought for little babies. Not sure about taking a toddler to one!

emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 9:09pm
Probably too late for your meeting, but heres my thoughts!

I've been to a few sessions at our local Reading Cinema. They call them Spit the Dummy sessions.

*You pay only $9 instead of $14 (or whatever it is)
*Mums, Dads, anyone who wants to sit in a dimly lit movie theatre really, with the occassional crying baby is welcome. (My DH came with us once - there was only one other guy in the theatre!)
*You get issued a ticket with a seat number, but you can sit anywhere.
*Prams can be brought in, either put at the front or in the gap between the front seats and the seats up the back.
(I took Lily in her capsule a couple of times when she was smaller and just put the capsule beside me)
*The best place to sit if you want your pram beside you is in the disabled spots near the front!
*I didnt notice if the sound was quieter, but it was loud enough so you didn't really notice any babies crying if they did!
*Good for showing 'Chick Flicks' at these sessions! One of the ones I went to was 'Marley and Me' and another 'Confessions of a Shopaholic'!

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
 Post Reply Post Reply