FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBicornuate uterus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kelzie_rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelzie_rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bicornuate uterus
    Posted: 15 January 2010 at 8:37pm
Hi all, just wondering if anyone else around here has a bicornuate uterus?

I am 6 weeks, 3 days pregnant and was told at my scan today that I have one. I had a bleed yesterday but didn't lose the baby.

Just wanted to know how anyone else with a bicornuate uterus has gone on.

Kelz.

Started TTC Apr 2008
With PCOS and a bicornuate uterus

Our angel babies
Jan 2010 <3
Oct 2010 <3
Apr 2011 <3
Sponsored Links

HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 10:49pm
I don't have one, but a very close friend does. She has four gorgeous children, two of each, although one boy was stillborn at 28 weeks but *not* due to her bicornuate uterus. No history of bleeding or anything else in the other three pregnancies really, and they were all born at home (one 'land' birth and two water births) trouble free.

If there is anything else you are curious about, feel free to flick me a PM and I can play 'piggy in the middle' and pass on your questions to her.
Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!
ShellyBR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellyBR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 10:58am
Yeap I have one. I didn't find out until this pregnancy as we had a bleed around 7 weeks and I had a scan that showed the bicornuate uterus. They didn't pick it up on DS as first scan was at 12 weeks so he had grown to big to see it. He is perfect.

I have had a lot more bleeding this time but it is more to do with a low lying placenta then anything.

Stay away from google I googled it when i found out and all the usa sites freaked me out. My mw says it is nothing to be worried about.

Hope that helps

monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 3:35pm
a friend from ante-natal had one with no probs what so ever. depends on how bad it is but its pretty sweet. she was induced at either 36 or 38 weeks (cant remember) because hers was pretty bad and there wasnt enough for bub to grow any bigger but it was all good :)

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 9:34pm
Hiya

It really depends on how big it is, mine is very minimal, so really does just look heart-shaped rather than two separate sides IYKWIM. My gynae said it was fine (and I never had problems) but obviously it depends how bad yours is.

My friend's mum has one and has had 3 children, all full term with no complications.
Travelbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travelbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 6:19pm
Hi There,

I also have a bicornuate uterus. Was utterly shocked when the obstetrician told me!! I was pregnant in Aug 2006 and had a miscarriage at 10 weeks....thats when I discovered. I hope that your pregnancy goes well. I havent tried to concieve again...but we are planning to next year. Fingers crossed everything goes good for all of us xoxo
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 8:51pm
sorry to see you lost the bubs kelzie - I could have basically writtern your original post...luckily after a VERY stressful pregnancy we have a bubs about to turn three!!! you will all get there!!!

Travelbabe - good luck ttc next year!

emz mine is heart shaped too - an upside down one! altho Imbetting it is stretched outta that pretty shape now from Miss 9 lb 8 (38 weeker!)
Polina21225227 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polina21225227 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2017 at 11:22pm
Hi all. I would like to know about bicornuate uterus, what do you say?
Jandall101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jandall101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 12:53pm
Apparently I have a bicornuate uterus, but didn't find out until after baby #3 was born when I had a retained placenta and needed to get it surgically removed.... but all pregnancies went fine, with all three being born at 42+ weeks. No issues at all except bleeding throughout last pregnancy.
 Post Reply Post Reply