FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBrita Water filter......Anyone got one?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rosierata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosierata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brita Water filter......Anyone got one?
    Posted: 24 February 2010 at 2:14am

Hey

We recently purchased a brita water filter and although the water tastes great it keeps getting all these black sediments in the bottom of the jug. Does anyone know what this is/ had the same problem?

Sponsored Links

KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 8:00am
Yeah we have the same, its the stuff out of the filter part. I'm not sure you can fix it, it doesn't bother us too much. If it is really bad then I take the filter bit out and give everything a rinse which helps a little.
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 11:55am
How long have you been using the filter. Is it installed properly? We have an older style jug and we love it, but if we forget to change the filter often enough we sometimes get the sediment in the bottom.
rosierata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosierata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 12:10pm
We have had it about a week, i keep rinsing it and have taken the filter out and clicking it back in but still happens. thanks for your replys! i might have to tallk to mitre 10 and see what they think, maybe its the filter itself.
slink235957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slink235957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2019 at 4:52pm
I am just using a good filter and I am not spending money on water from "shop". Why would you do so? There are a lot of good filter out there - https://www.bestproductspro.com/refrigerator-water-filters/
fasdf264604 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasdf264604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 10:25am
Love this filter style. I'm also using the same model at my home. You can Read here more reviews about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply