FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF Buddy wanted :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
2_ns_lol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_ns_lol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IVF Buddy wanted :)
    Posted: 17 May 2010 at 8:23pm
Hi Ladies

I have just started my first cycle of IVF with ICSI and not knowing anyone else who has had IVF, I wondered if I could connect here with others, share stories and support etc.

My story so far is...DH(37) & I(25) have been trying for nearly 4 years now. In Oct 06 I had a bad infection in my uterus & fallopian tubes + burst cysts - had lap op. In Feb 08 had another cyst burst, had another lap op to remove it & was diagonosed with PCOS while still in hospital (had suspected it for years).
DH count is fine but morphology has been a bit dodgy on one or two tests so ICSI here we come!
4 Weeks after my last op, I was started on Metformin for 6 months - didnt make any difference (apart from to my tummy . Had 12 cycles of Clomiphene + Metformin & had 4 IUI's (2 x normal & 2 x FSP IUI) = All BFN's

We are about to start our injections for our first IVF cycle this Friday.

Sooooo..... that is as far as we have come & I'm so scared (yet so excited at the same time ) about starting IVF.

I was wondering if anyone has any handy advice or tips about heading into your first IVF cycle & what to expect etc?
Sponsored Links

jem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 8:34pm
Hi trying, Im so sorry that your BFP has taken so long and that your journey has been so long.
May I suggest joining us in the CPP. They are a lovely group of super supportive ladies who make this journey so much easier.
Im not up to IVF yet but there are ladies in our CPP group that are (you dont have to be a CPP as many of us aren't)
Fingers x'd for you that this cycle ends in a much deserved BFP for you and DH.
Alison View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 9:30pm
Hi, trying

Well I am in the middle of my first IVF cycle, I have been injecting myself every morning for the last two weeks nearly, for me it has just become part of daily life, you just add it into ya jobs you do in the morning before heading out the door.

Everyone is different with how they react to the drugs, for me I don't have as much patience as normal and am extra tired.

Handy tip, might sound corny but I have a star chart!!! It's a calendar, marked out each day what I am taking, (even blood test etc) then i give it a star when I have completed each daily dose! Otherwise keep ya fluids up!

All the best
2_ns_lol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_ns_lol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 9:43pm
Hi Alison

Thanks for the handy tips. Neat idea about the star chart!

All the best with your cycle! Let me know how you get on.

mylilmosaic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylilmosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 9:47pm
Hi trying4no1

Sorry to read you have had such a long journey. There is a lovely ivf thread that has some lovely wonderful ladies including Alison who are all at various stages of their ivf journey. I popped my head in their before beginning my ivf cycle and it was the best thing I ever did, they are so supportive of one another.

And then so is the clomid pill popper thread, lots of lovely supportive ladies in there too

Goodluck, I hope your first ivf round gives you that successful much awaited bfp
2_ns_lol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_ns_lol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 9:55pm
Hi Jem

Sorry, I forgot to say thanks for your post
I have just joined you in the CPP forum.
thanks so much x
2_ns_lol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_ns_lol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 9:56pm
Hi Appy2

Thanks so much for your reply x
Briti250299 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briti250299 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2019 at 2:47am
Hi trying, I am so sorry for you loss and all the tough time you were facing that time but my dear before going such process you should at least gather information related to the condition. IVF is good but it don't go best in all cases so you should first confirm. Moreover, if you want to go for the best and safe side then I would like to suggest you for the surrogacy as it went also best in my case and I have experienced it. Well best wishes for next. x
 Post Reply Post Reply