FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBest recipe for birthday cake??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lovingmummyhood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovingmummyhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best recipe for birthday cake??
    Posted: 18 May 2010 at 2:57pm
So the birthday cake thread is amazing and soooo inspiring!!!

Who has a great (and easy ) recipe for a kids birthday cake??
Sponsored Links

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 3:11pm
Bizzy has a good one ..

Also the one that mamanee posted (something like the best cake in the entire world) is good too - not that ive actually eaten them, but I made them and my Mum who bakes alot said they were devine.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
MrsH23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 5:31pm
I used the chocolate cake recipe that has been stickied (sp?) in this thread/section. Super easy and really yummy!!
Lisa mummy to Ryan
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 8:29pm
Packet cake all the way!! I am not a cake baker so I always just buy the Betty Crocker or Edmonds packet mix
Lindsey

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 8:56pm
Yep my standard is the stickied chocolate cake recipe Renee posted. It's nice and moist so if you need to cut it to shape it doesn't go all crumbly, and everyone always comments on how yum it is. And it's really easy, just bung everything in a bowl and mix.

Nothing wrong with an Edmonds butter cake packet mix though

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by lilfatty lilfatty wrote:

Bizzy has a good one ..

Also the one that mamanee posted (something like the best cake in the entire world) is good too - not that ive actually eaten them, but I made them and my Mum who bakes alot said they were devine.

thanks lilfatty and lilfatty's mum!

i use the chocolate mayo cake... pretty sure its on here will look and bump it if i can.

Lesly249581 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lesly249581 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2019 at 12:43pm
Hi, lovingmummyhood, here's my favourite birthday cake recipe. The cake is tender, creamy and moreover there's lime in its recipe, that my family loves!
I've stolen this recipe here: How To Make A Key Lime Cake
 Post Reply Post Reply