FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVBAC roll call? (for ease of lurking LOL)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293031
Author
fadeless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 10:06am
Did you ask your midwife what the VBAC success rate is? Or even ask her VBAC success rate?

At Tauranga hospital i dont think they do VBAC success rates but their c/s rate is 30% which is crazy high!! Although i'd love to see a break down of it, what percentage is emergency and scheduled.
DD 9 ~ DD 8 ~ DS 7 ~ DS 5 ~ DS 2 ~ DS 14mths ~ DD 3mths
Sponsored Links

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 10:08pm
http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.health.govt.nz%2Fsystem%2Ffiles%2Fdocuments%2Fpublications%2Fnz-maternity-clinical-indicators-2009-v2.pdf&ei=uaS1UfSMGfGTiQeFy4HQDA&usg=AFQjCNFequQ2Rv4n_h_7D8onbLzBtP-WaQ&sig2=mkpUr9xT9wxG69kA_YlqDw&bvm=bv.47534661,d.aGc

has c section rates per dhb  not sure about vbac rates though

+1 May 09 Angel
Marama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2013 at 2:46pm
Well on Monday I confirmed with the mw we interviewed and I feel much better! We had a long chat about continuous monitoring as that was the only sticking point, and she said that she would feel more comfortable with cm but it was up to me and in the end her desire to give us the birth experience we wanted overode her preferences. So that's all I need for now, just to know that there is some wiggle room.

fadeless I know that my mw has attended 6 VBACs this year and 5 were successful so I thought that was a pretty good success rate. Haven't asked her about the hospital VBAC rate, will do that when I see her next week.

Thanks Emmi yeah I found that doc too - just cs rates.

It seems pretty quiet on OB these days compared to a few years ago!

Edited by Marama - 12 June 2013 at 2:47pm

Laurz_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurz_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2013 at 10:03pm
Just wanted to say hi Marama and tell you about my recent experience (DS is 3 weeks old). I had an elective Cs with DD because of polyhydrominos and a large baby she was 9lb 11oz. I was really determined to get my VBAC so I found what I thought was a great midwife but she wasn't very supportive and said I wouldn't have a choice re continuous monitoring which I was not keen on and strongly recommended an epidural. At 32 weeks I decided to find a midwife that was more supportive of my choices. I found a fantastic supportive midwife who I quickly came to trust. Anyway about the labour...MW broke my waters as I was 5cm and in no pain. Requested to labour in the pool and I was able to, I was monitored via the Doppler every 10-15 mins never was strapped to the bed. Had gas only as pain relief which was all I wanted. Bub was born after 2.5 hours in the pool was an amazing experience and so happy to get my ideal birth, bub was perfect at birth, a very healthy 9lb 6oz and scored 10, 10 and 10 on his apgars. Of course I always would have done whatever was needed to keep my baby safe which I did do with the full backing of my MW and OB. If I was to give any advice I would say stick to ur guns, ask lots of questions and make sure u have a supportive midwife. All the best Marama:)
Bobby157 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobby157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 3:11pm
I know it's been ages since anyone posted in here. I'm going to have a VBAC in October and wondered if there was anyone around to chat to in the same boat.
My C/S was for breech, never laboured. I found out at a scan at 41 weeks so left no time to do anything about it, and my midwife and I had no idea. I was gutted to say the least.
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2015 at 3:24pm
Just wanted to post some support! I've had a c-section as my son was too big to fit, and I'm hoping if I ever get pregnant again that I'll get a chance at a VBAC. My mother had three kids - her first was a c-section, then she had a 'normal' birth, then last (me) was another c-section (too big again - my sister was the smallest and only just came out with forceps etc). Since you had one for breech, there isn't any known reason you can't get a normally-aligned baby out safely, so I can't see any issue with you getting a VBAC! I was lucky with my c-section that due to my family history (having the same body-type as my mother with absolutely no waist height) it's wasn't a surprise for me, but I'd dearly like to get lucky with a smaller child (DS was 9.5 lb).
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2016 at 11:34pm
Bumping for VBAC mums
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293031