FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOne brand or a selection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One brand or a selection
    Posted: 06 August 2010 at 11:26am

Starting to build up my cloth stash. So far I've got small itti bittis, babyland OSFAs, an ecobubs pocket and a foxy bots. So 6 MCNs in total.

Is it best to get a variety of brands/designs so I can figure out what works?
Or have you stuck with your favourites?

Wanting to get a working stash built up while I'm still collecting a wage.
What's a good number of MCNs to start with?

I have a box of huggies newborns to use in the first few weeks after DD is born, then I'd like to switch to cloth full time during the day at least, with huggies at night. Till I'm confident with nappies.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Sponsored Links

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 12:25pm
Hiya, I started with prefolds for the first month or so, I was going to use disposables in the first while but got home and just went straight into cloth, so easy, she leaked a few times but you soon learn how much you need. Im now using babyland OSFA's, they are great, make sure you get the 'new' ones with the leg snaps as they hold everything in waaaaay better. I also have some itti bittis in medium- im not really a fan, they are only a day nappy, cant use them at night, and you cant adjust the legs- my DD has got good sized legs but her waist size means they dont fit around the legs. I would recomend getting a few different sorts, each baby is different, im on the hunt for some new ones now. I have 15 babylands, i do a wash once a day, but cant go for 2 days, need a few more! HTH, good luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 12:48pm

Thanks for the recommendations will help with my nappy purchases.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 1:24pm
Yep, definitely get a mix, that way you're not stuck with one type that doesn't suit your babe. Or maybe instead of buying the nappies now, put the money aside instead, then buy a bunch of whatever you like best out of the hire kit? (I'm about to post re some recent updates to the hire kit )

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
Mama-Me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama-Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 1:29pm
A mixture is good - my stash is a huge mixture of brands - some good, some average and a couple that are complete rubbish!!

Just remember that not every brand will fit the same so what works for one doesn't mean it will work you.

For nights, I have found fitted nappies like bitti boo to be great for nights.

Little Bots are a new nappy on the market but a very affordable price and better quality than the cheap ones off Trade Me.

It is a really good idea to build up while on a good income!
flakesitchyfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakesitchyfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 1:36pm
Yeah I have a mix, the ones I know last and are my favorites I use when we go out etc, and the ones that aren't so great are our 'bum around home nappies', for want of a better term
http://eggsineachbasket.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 1:40pm

Thanks weegee I've put myself on the list for the hire kit.
I was wanting to get maybe 5-6 more to get myself started before I finish work and have no $.
I figure I can always re-sell the ones that don't work for me.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
flakesitchyfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakesitchyfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 1:46pm
Ittis hold their value well
http://eggsineachbasket.blogspot.com/
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by weegee weegee wrote:

Yep, definitely get a mix, that way you're not stuck with one type that doesn't suit your babe. Or maybe instead of buying the nappies now, put the money aside instead, then buy a bunch of whatever you like best out of the hire kit? (I'm about to post re some recent updates to the hire kit )

This is what I would suggest... open a saving account and just put away a set amount from each pay until baby is here and then go shopping!

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 4:20pm
I'd buy a whole lot of different types then resell what you don't like/what doesn't work for you both. You could hire too. I'm in the process of cleaning out my stash as I have an embarrasingly large selection that is too many even with 2 full time in cloth lol. But most cloth naps hold their resale value

fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 6:59pm
Hire and get a mix. As they grow, your favourites may change as well.
Mum to two wee boys
Whateversville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 7:24pm
Def get a selection! This is my first time with cloth and we're still learning and I'm still buying lol
I have pre folds, they're good for 'home days' I have mybaby's they're pocket nappies great for going out and i have ecobubs wool pocket (friggin love them) I just ordered a bebops minky pocket, a babyland and some 2nd hand ittis. I'm also looking at getting a swimming nappy.

I can't wait for summer to get the boy outside showing off his cloth bum!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 8:48pm
I'll be starting with them in January when baby will be a couple of months old, and I've got plenty of warm dry weather to get the washing routine sorted too.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Whateversville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 10:45pm
now we all have to try the itti bitti tutto !!
skp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 11:55pm
Trudz I have already ordered 4 tuttos from the aussie itti bitti website! eek! Better sell the rest of those mediums now before my DH kills me haha

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 9:41am

I'll be adding them to the wish list, due out in Sept which is perfect timing for me. I like OSFM MCNs.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 10:49am
I ordered one too, I am not a fan of OSFA... as fleur rightly put it OSFM.. have not found one that sat properly on Jakes funny body.... but gotta try it right

Post Reply Post Reply