FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLunch Ideas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lunch Ideas
    Posted: 05 September 2010 at 7:38pm
Im trying to stop buying lunch at work but im not a sandwich kind of person so im looking for things to take. We have a sandwich press and a microwave at work that i can use
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2010 at 11:42am
paninis .... pita bread
baked beans...

WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 12:13am
I usually take leftovers from dinner the night before. Otherwise I take something like

2 minute Noodles
Toasties (Bread already at work so I take ham, cheese and avo etc)
Spaghetti
Mince Pie
Yoghurt
Toast
Cruskits (with cream cheese spread)

I keep some things at work like bread, cream cheese spread, marg and vegemite so it saves me having to take it daily.
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 9:52am
I used to make pita pockets with ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato, hummus etc and chuck them in the sandwich press at work, it was so good and really tasty.

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 11:06am

couscous, avocado, chicken and pineapple salad
pasta, bacon/salami, red onion, capsicum salad
do you go anywhere near foodtown, countdown or woolworths? their latest Indulge magazine has a whole heap of lunch suggestions. Mag is a freebie.

This one sounds nice - rice paper rolls. Take dried rice paper sheets, a container of cooked chicken or prawns, softened rice nooldes, grated carrot  and coriander and mint leaves. At lunch time dip the rice paper into hot water fill and roll up. A small container of sweet chili sauce for dipping.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 12:42pm

Wow - I bypassed the rice paper recipes because I thought it would be too complicated!!  I had no idea all you had to do was dip them in to water.  Might just have to try that

I used to be good with leftovers but am a bit useless at the moment.  Otherwise, I have a yummy rice salad recipe that I like to take.

Here it is:

1/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup oil.  Pour over 2 cups rice (I use brown).  Add 2 tspn curry powder, 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 tin whole kernel corn, chopped spring onion, 4 stalks celery.  Mix and serve.

I also quite like taking soups.

Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 12:59pm
There are heaps of great recipes on www.healthyfood.co.nz

Last week I made the mediterranean potato salad and the tuna, chilli & tomato pasta for Hubby's lunch. You can make the night before and take cold.
Lou
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 5:59pm
the rice paper rolls sound yummy! might have to have a look on www.healthyfood.co.nz

i do take leftovers when there is any but its the other days im finding hard
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 7:44pm

Home made pizza.  I made some tonight and the leftovers are in the fridge for lunch tomorrow.  If you were organised you could make enough dough to make a few mini pizzas and then freeze the dough (just discovered it works!) to pull out the night before.  Depending on the toppings it would only take a few minutes to put together.  I do a base of hummus and tomato paste and then chuck whatever I have on the top.

Post Reply Post Reply