FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBest nappies for Newborn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best nappies for Newborn
    Posted: 20 September 2010 at 7:50pm
What nappies have you ladies preferred to use on newborns?

I have heaps on AIOs but i dont think they would really suit a baby under 6 months, they are all so big even on T who is 20 months.

So i need some suggestions for nappies newborn-6months please
Sponsored Links

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 9:12pm
I used prefolds inside a bummis cover. I couldnt work out how to use a snappy so just folded the prefolds into three. Worked great and the only time we had leaks was when we first started and I didnt have enough in there at night time. My DD grew out of them at about 7weeks and we went into OSFA pockets, and Itti bittis. I def reccomend the prefolds as they are so easy to use. I use babyland and my baby pockets- got them new off trade me, $1 res auctions, you can get them for under $10 each if you have patience.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 10:05pm
my fave new born nappies were some made by a trade me seller..   they were gorgeous little fitteds. prefolds were good too though.

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 9:38am
We used prefolds on Chelsea as a newborn, but even they didn't fit her till 3weeks so was in yucky disposables till then.
This time I've made a bunch of tiny newborn pockets which I'm looking forward to trying out. You're welcome to them for your newborn once mine outgrows them
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 2:19pm

Same here E didn't fit her prefolds til 3 or 4 weeks, even then her thighs were too little for the covers but I wanted out of the spozies. You can get new born size covers aswell. We just had the smalls.

The ecobubs smalls a very little. 

otherwise a good cheep option is prefolds snappied then good old fluffies!!!  

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 11:22am
We went with disposables until about 6 weeks i think then went with ittis and honeychild pocket nappies after that.

Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 4:50pm
It really depends on the size of your baby, K was born such a good size she fitted OSFM from birht (she has rather lovely chubby thighs which help).

Otherwise ittibittis are a good option cause they fit very snuggly.
Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 9:42pm
I would love little wee fitteds with a cover next time
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2010 at 8:36pm

Originally posted by rachelsea rachelsea wrote:

We used prefolds on Chelsea as a newborn, but even they didn't fit her till 3weeks so was in yucky disposables till then.
This time I've made a bunch of tiny newborn pockets which I'm looking forward to trying out. You're welcome to them for your newborn once mine outgrows them

But won't you need them all for your twins Rach?  *ducks quickly*

We're using prefolds and various newborn wraps for this one then lots of different wee ones like Ecobubs, Imse, & happy hempys. Depends if we get another chubba bubba or a long lean lanky baby (in which case I shall have to ask if she's mine hehe)

squoggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squoggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2010 at 10:13pm
I used a mixture of flats (pin-less fold), small fuzzibunz and moltex disposables (when we travelled) in the first few weeks. I used a flushable liner in the cloths. Have to say I was really impressed with how good the old-school flats were, it was only as DD got bigger that we stopped using them as she is a heavy wetter & they would get drenched.

lisame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 12:00pm
hey, probably a bit late on this! But since my little girl was born we have been using a newborn hire pack from Jan at Yoyo nappies and they have been great. She's not worn a disposable nappy yet at almost 6 weeks.

The hire kit we got was mostly fitted nappies, with a few pockets, and Jan's own covers which are by far the best I've tried.

I also had a council hire kit which had loads of different brands in it, and a bunch of loaners from a friend, and none of them fit as well, soak as well and contain the occasional sea of poo as well as the combination of Jan's Y nappy and covers.
Birth_Power View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birth_Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by HuntersMama HuntersMama wrote:

We went with disposables until about 6 weeks i think then went with ittis and honeychild pocket nappies after that.

We did the same,used disposables for the first few weeks then switched to the Honey Child nappies

Edited by Birth_Power
nuts_nats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuts_nats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 7:48am
We used cloth from the day we got home from the hospital, no problems at all on our tiny baby!
Best ones were babycheeks OSFA pockets, they have the adjustable gusset around the leg that you can make super small. And like others have mentioned prefolds with bummis covers work well also. Good luck
Richtea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richtea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2010 at 10:06pm
We also used cloth from the day we got home.. even in the hospital. Prefolds with covers - Real nappy newborn size. Fab

Vanessa10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanessa10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 10:54am
I would be interested to hear feedback on Peapods if anyone had used them?
]
Lucky apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 8:20pm
Vanessa, We've used a couple of peapods - they fitted my small bubba (5lb2 at birth) from about 8 weeks. Never had any leaks. They are fine - inserts take a long time to dry compared with other pocket nappies with microfibre inserts. I went with honey child in the long run, but still use the peapods when they are at the top of the pile! My DD is now 4 months, so we've not used them long!
Vanessa10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanessa10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 3:48pm
Thanks Sally
]
shadowfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 7:22pm

I have a small peapod that still fits my DD with a few snap settings left to go at 11 months and fit her well when she was a couple months old too. It's surprisingly good for the price I think

Post Reply Post Reply