FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMenus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
clover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 1:45pm
Surely can, I can't quite remember it off the top of my head so I'll grab it out tonight and post it for you tomorrow.
Sponsored Links

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by clover clover wrote:

Surely can, I can't quite remember it off the top of my head so I'll grab it out tonight and post it for you tomorrow.

mmm yum

DH wants to make his (or more likely me pasta sauce. I would use tinned tomatoes & add garlic, onion, herbs...maybe roasted capsicums.

Any other ideas...will it be cheaper than buying, I usually buy Dolmio.
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 5:14pm
I never buy ready made pasta sauce, I use tinned tomatoes add flavourings (onion, garlic, herbs etc) and reduce it down to the required consistency.

I've done the same to make tomato topping for pizza.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 8:53pm
This week is roughly this:

tonight fish veg rice(one piece salmon, lemon fish and dozen scallops between 4 people and trust me the kids eat as much as we do)

2: pork chops with some veg (was on special)

3: cottage pie (loaded with loads of veg in the mince and take half the mince mixture and freeze to top with mash in about 2 weeks) I also have pumpkin so mix some pumpkin with the mash or use some kumara.

4. chicken roast with veg and cous cous

5. vegan pizza

6. pasta of some sort.

7. Lamb tjops with veg.

But this changes as my whole freezer is full after todays shopping. I want to make a stew as well and save up on some meals for during my exam time so I can just defrost and heat up for the family.

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 8:54pm
and salad with all meals

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2010 at 8:43am
Originally posted by caliandjack caliandjack wrote:

I never buy ready made pasta sauce, I use tinned tomatoes add flavourings (onion, garlic, herbs etc) and reduce it down to the required consistency.

I've done the same to make tomato topping for pizza.

Do you ever make it up before or make in bigger batches & then freeze or bottle the left over?

Because it is tomato base it should keep right?
Mum_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 12:52pm
I have about 16 meals on our meal plan (though only in the 2nd week of doing this!) We have a lot of meat and 3 veg meals as thats what DH likes but this week we have:

Roast chicken with veges
Chicken and mushroom pot pies
Snitchel with veges
Hot dogs
Lamb and veges
Spag bog
Steak salad

we also do things like mince pies (homemade), mac cheese, soups, bacon and egg pie with salad, chicken and mushroom with rice

erm sorry, no meat free options

Angel baby - May 2008
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 5:04pm
another meat free option (might have been said before but it came to mind because it's what is now on our menu for tonight!) is nachos without mince. I just use beans and mash them a little if I need to hide the fact that that is what it is.  I'm doing mine with rice and a few corn chips on the side.
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2010 at 11:15pm
Meat free meals in our house (we're not vego but meat is expensive and we don't eat a lot of it anyway)

Stiry fry veges, noodles and tofu. I use firm tofu and shallow fry in a little oil and then add to stirfry, it is yum!

Pineapple fried rice (sometimes I add prawns to this actually, but not always) or just regular fried rice with egg and veges. I do stir fry veg to go with this as well.

Roast pumpkin and ricotta cannelloni or spinach and cheese cannelloni

Vege lasagne

Burritos with beans, lettuce, tomato, cheese, guacamole and greek yoghurt

Soups (pumpkin, leek and potato, carrot and coriander are ones we've had recently)

Lentil dahl, rice and naan

Vege curries with rice
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12