FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMatching outfits?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 10:46pm
I've just started letting the girls choose what they want to wear each morning.
My goodness it's stressful

Coordinate as long as you can ladies it's not worth the effort to individualise
Sponsored Links

?Lolly? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ?Lolly? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 8:42pm
(forgive me, I only just saw all these other threads!) I usually do the same but different ;) So if one is wearing a skirt the other is wearing a skirt but in a different style or colour.

Like this

but then some times I do this hehehehe (these were give to me by Emma, they belonged to the Gremlins
Captain Chaos (5) & the Trouble Monsters (2!)
whipersnapper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 10:52pm
How are they ever supposed to develop their own sense of themselves? I vowed i would never dress twins the same, and didn't (but It's a little hard when you have boy/girl isn't it!)
Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 8:20am
I have lots of friends whose mum's sewed their clothes as kids and they wore the same outfits as their siblings. And my sister's often wore the same outfits. None of them have issues with their sense of self.
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 10:30am
There's a lot more to individuality than different outfits.

For my entire childhood as a twin I was dressed with matching outfits to my twin sister.
My 2 older sisters (2 years apart) were dressed in matching outfits too as it happens.
Never a problem for us

Even now that my girls choose for themselves, they sometimes choose to wear the same/matching outfits and sometimes they don't.
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 10:25pm
The girls are only 2 but have very VERY clear ideas of their sense of self - they are polar opposites. And I frequently dress them the same (although mostly with a different colour each, but sometimes exactly the same). I don't think there's much chance they will get confused - they are very strong minded little girls (not sure who they have inherited that one from..........lol).
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 10:27pm
Prime example of the same but different....

Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2011 at 5:52pm
We have received a lot of hand me down clothes in the upcoming sizes (non twin) so I won't go and buy lots of new matching clothes. I find it a fun challenge to find things that 'match' (as in goes well together or looks similar but different) in the big pile of pre loved clothes. We do have some new matching clothes too, usually gifts from well meaning relatives.
Mum to 3 girls: identical twins and with a 3 year gap another girl.
Emu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2012 at 11:48am
My Mum dressed my Sister and I in the same dresses but different colours sometimes, usually for special occasions and I quite liked it but got peeved off that she got to be blue and I had to be pink. (she only got to be blue because she knew I wanted blue, obviously she's the younger one).

I have brought many clothes exactly the same for my twin boys due in June. We don't yet know if they are fraternal or identical. I'd like to dress them the same if they are identical but not if they are frat. Maybe the same but different colours.
I have wondered about the individuality issues so figure I will make the most of dressing them the same while they don't care say to 18months. I'm so excited, identical twins look so cute dressed similar
Emu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2012 at 8:33am
Bother it, I'll so be doing it! I wanted three kids and didn't get blessed with the daughter I always wanted to dress up so but I did get blessed with twins so going to go all out while they are little. I need to have some fun with clothes after all!
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2012 at 9:46pm
LOL Emu - I couldn't dress them exactly the same - I couldn't tell them apart....
Emu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by minik8e minik8e wrote:

LOL Emu - I couldn't dress them exactly the same - I couldn't tell them apart....

lol. goodness!
29 weeks now and the boys are more likely to be identical, I'm still trying to figure out how to tell them apart when they are born. Little badges with their initial would be great if they weren't dangerous. I'll think of something!
Taz25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taz25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 9:40pm
Emu - classicly used is the nail polish on one. One of our ante natal mums will dress her identical boys one in stripes the other not, usually so they can tell them apart. You will figure something out.

I dress my twin girls in whatever (cute whatever though, no ugly clothes) most of the time. But I do have trouble if ones in an outfit thats cuter than the other and i think to myself 'am i favoring this one?' so sometimes ill tag team, if one gets it this time, the other gets it next. Such a worry.

I love also dressing them exactly the same, and i love confusing ppl, especially when the mother in law keeps mixing them up ( secretly LOL everytime and then point out she got it wrong - yes evil i know )But ive noticed everytime I make them match, one will spew ALL OVER hers instigating a full change. Grrrrr.
Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 8:47am
Funny Taz, that's one of the reasons I started dressing my two the same - cos I felt guilty if one was in a "nicer" outfit than the other! Aren't we silly.
Séraphine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Séraphine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2012 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by clover clover wrote:

They are so cute!! And I'll admit I lurk in here all the time cause I'd LOVE twins

same!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12