FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSimple Savings war on debt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 1:09pm
Well I haven't printed the calendar or really looked at it for that matter but I did sign up for the savings vault on the weekend. It has a money back guarantee so I thought why not... so far I have found quite a few useful tips and spreadsheets and I have barely had time to look.

I am starting a massive budget crack down as we really need to pay off some debt and save some $$$. So far now that I am putting my mind to it, we are doing pretty well!
Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by jazzy jazzy wrote:

same....& I think if you keep the basics stocked in the pantry & shop for what you need then it keeps the cost down anyway. If you were to eat everything in the pantry & not spend any the week you normally would then you end up spending more the next time by stocking up again....no point really.

I haven't read the book either.

But it's not meant to be a week in week out thing, it's meant to be an "we don't have much money this week cause of XYZ bill" so challenge yourself to spend no more than $21. Therefore if you normally spend 100-200 then you have $79-179 of cash you don't have to find. So you can pay that bill. Then the next week you go back to normal. Or do a couple of weeks in a row.

Or my case about 3 weeks in a row.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 1:59pm
I am all for using up stuff & being creative. I don't go in for specials much when I don't need the stuff.

I think you have the same result if you write out a list, meal plan & buy what you need, then you don't over spend & you don't wast food or money....still trying to do that one, lol
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 8:37am
LOL Jazzy...can't say I've quite cracked the $21 spend, well I've kinda done it but have had to buy other things so the best I've ever done was the $30. I tend to see staples on special so buy a couple extra lol
Kel

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 10:45am
Just noticed this month is hidden Gems.

In Palm Nth - really great source of Lamb stirfry at a good price is the muslim butcher on Cook Street $11.95 a kilo.

Edited by AandCsmum
Kel

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 4:52pm
wow AandCsmum you have done well
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12