FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBest bath

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Claudine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best bath
    Posted: 09 February 2011 at 4:32pm
Hi. I'm psyching myself up to buy a bath. What sort do you ladies recommend?
Sponsored Links

BriAndOlisMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2011 at 6:06pm
Baby bath or big bath?

Sorry no reccommendations
RedHeadDuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedHeadDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2011 at 10:18pm
We bought a $5 bath of trademe Done the trick!!!!

Now we use it inside the big bath cos he can sit in it, and is waaay quicker to fill then the big bath

I'd suggest having a look for a second hand one first..... I can't see how it would make much difference!

Ours was a reasonably big one, Mum has a smaller one at their place (a much more expensive one) and to be honest, they are both much of a muchness.
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2011 at 10:34am
We got a tummy tub as we don't have a big bath, and I bath DD in the lounge she loves it gets to splash around in it. Only takes 7 litres so its not too heavy for me to carry.
It was expensive $60 as she gets older we'll use it in the bottom of the shower for her to sit in.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2011 at 3:16pm
We have only ever used the baby bath we were given to wash dishes in when we were renovating our kitchen, and later as a paddling pool, lol! We have always showerd or bathed with both our babies - gets them used to water on their face and being splashed, and the big bath is great for floated in, with the parent in with them holding baby's head- all good pre- swimming skills- both our kids are very confident in the water!
Lucky apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2011 at 8:06pm
We got a $5 TM bath too!! Has been fine :-)

We also like just filling up the kitchen sink and plonking her in there too.

I say, don't bother going all out with the expense!
KatzWtgn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatzWtgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2011 at 12:54pm
We don't have a proper bath in our house, so we bought the biggest baby bath we could find. DS loves water so I like having one that I can put on our lounge floor and let him play in it for a while. I'd be nervous about the ones on tables / legs because he now stands up and is slippery when wet , and I'd worry about him falling out.

But -- one tip -- our baby bath has a sculpted bit for his bottom -- that's a real pain - he doesn't like sitting on that bit, and always turns around to the other end which is flat. So really, a big flat container (like a plastic storage container) would have been better!
[IMG]http://lb3f.lilypie.com/rGG7p13.png]
Claudine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2011 at 4:34pm
Thanks for the advice. Baby's due end of March, so I might have to get a bath for the lounge to keep him warm in the winter months. I was wondering about those moulded ones -- will avoid thanks Katz!
 Post Reply Post Reply