FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPND Support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rgillespie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgillespie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PND Support
    Posted: 10 February 2011 at 10:09am
OHbaby! hopes you find support and friendship as you deal with PND by chatting here to others who have gone or are going through a similar journey.

However, this isn't something you can deal with in isolation. It's important you seek professional advice to help you through.

Here are some websites we encourage you to turn to.

www.mothersmatter.co.nz
www.depression.org.nz
www.postnataldistress.org.nz

Warmest wishes, OHbaby!
Sponsored Links

mothershelpers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothershelpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 4:28pm
Just wanted to make mothers aware that there is also specific help available here:

Click link

nathansmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 12:45am
On the 2nd May I'm hiring the cafe that is next to the Henderson (West Auckland) Plunket Rooms and West Wave (called Zeal) on a Monday morning. It's to raise money to help support the Mothers Helpers charity (supports single mothers and mothers with post-natal depression). It's open from 9:30am Monday mornings from that date - which is the first day back at school after the holidays.

So if you are a mum and want a coffee and some time out (creche service is available) head down there!

Also, if anyone is interested in forming a PND coffee group, please contact me through this website, as I'm hardly on OB to pick up PM's anymore. I have others interested and it can be held at the cafe above. Here's the website:

www.mothershelpers.webgarden.com
nathansmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2011 at 6:10pm
Hi everyone

I have just sent out the first (of many to come) monthly newsletter for mums with PND called "Blue Funk". If you would like to receive it please PM me with your email address. You can just read the first one and then unsubscribe to any more - there's no obligation.

Put out by "Mothers Helpers" (see previous posts about that).

Thanks!
nms197 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nms197 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 11:25pm
are there any private facebook pages running for PND?

mothershelpers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothershelpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 8:53pm
Gosh, what happened to all the old posts??

I just wanted to say that since having PND I set up the charity "Mothers Helpers" and have shared my story on the Blog - here's a link:

My story

I used to put out a monthly Newsletter called "Blue Funk" but instead have started using the blog. Since my last laptop died I'm wondering if maybe I have lost touch with all the mums via OB that wanted to receive those Blue Funk newsletters. If you'd instead like to receive my blog which has replaced those newsletters, please email me here and I'll make sure you're on our list that receives the blog to your email.

And also wanted to say that ages ago from conversations that came out of this thread, we put together a Facebook group for mums with PND or at-risk of PND or having some symptoms of PND etc. and have decided to revive it. So if you'd like online support or to meet up socially with other mums who understand, here's a link to that:

PND Facebook Group

It's a closed group to maintain privacy but just request to join and I'll accept your request :)

Thanks!

NB: I was "nathansmummy" but have forgotten my login!!

Edited by mothershelpers
mothershelpers.co.nz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothershelpers.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2014 at 11:40pm
There is help available nationwide for Postnatal Depression:

www.mothershelpers.co.nz
 Post Reply Post Reply