FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedACCUPUNCTURE ANYONE?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
ooligator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 3:34pm
Sunshine Wife, that sounds so much more like what I've experienced with the two acupuncturists I've seen in Hamilton. The guy I see likes me to tell him whatever is going on with my body, whether I think it's related to fertility or not, as often it's not, but it's a sign of other things not being right. I always show him my charts too.

It is kind of spooky when they're telling you the symptoms, or rather asking if you have XYZ, and you feel like they've been watching your life, but they pick it up by looking at you (ie; your complexion) taking your pulses, and looking at your tongue. Your body tells a lot about it's condition without you even needing to say a thing.

The heat lamp works in a similar way to the Moxa. If you have cold uterus (ie; the area below your bellybutton feels colder than the rest of your torso) you can apply a wheat bag or hot water bottle before OV only, to help draw blood to the uterus area, and therefore improve circulation to the organs there.

Most fertility issues have some origin in the kidney system in acupuncture terms. The Kidney System controls fertility, so for those with compromised fertility, it's one of the key areas that needs work on. The Spleen also goes hand in hand with the kidney, as if one is lacking it borrows energy from the other, thereby depleting it also.

The liver is one that my body suffers with also, not helped by alcohol of course, but sometimes I need a drink LOL to help with the stress of TTC.

I often get bruises on acupuncture points, and when my acu puts a needle in, it hurts, either a nervy pain, or a sharp pain. And he'll move it slightly, or use a different point, or apply heat to it with moxa.

Hope you continue to find it useful. Sounds like she's on to it, and while it will not be cheap, you should notice improvements. As I said earlier, if you're not finding improvements in a few months (give it 2-3), and don't feel you get the right vibe, it's worth changing, because as with anything, not all practitioners work the same, and some will gel better with you than others.

Edited by ooligator
Me 38
DH 39
DD1 - 3 years, born prem at 30 weeks after 5 years TTC
DD2 - born prem at 33 weeks
Sponsored Links

cjliu100196813 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjliu100196813 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2015 at 11:35am
I have had 2 miscarriages and was unable to conceive. I went to see Dr Jimmy at Manurewa Acupuncture & Physiotherapy Clinic, and after 2 months of treatment I was able to conceive naturally. I strongly recommend their service.
sumitasofat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumitasofat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2015 at 9:23pm
Acupuncture is very good option to take when you undergo IVF or some another reproductive technique. some doctors suggest you to take acupuncture after the treatment or during the treatment.
pagerlvy33237502 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pagerlvy33237502 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 8:04am
I hope it helps you!
I personally do not think that acupuncture helps at all. apart from it being a placebo. and if you believe it you will have some positive reaction to it.

I have been discussing this with one of the staff at our agency (WCOB). and they say that some women do benefit from this type of treatment. as it is important to calm yourself down when you are undergoing ivf or something.
lenabr199848 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenabr199848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 3:09pm
agreed with sumitasofat. A few friends of mine took acupuncture before their IVF, and got pregnant.
Me 38, DH 42
#1IVF - BNF, no implantation
#2IVF - BNF, mc
changed clinics, 1st appointment Gdansk - June 2018
#3IVF - Gdansk Poland, Dec 2018
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234