FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2011 babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 707172
Author
CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 2:19pm
I've been checking in here for your news Salz!
Glad everything got sorted for you, hope you are settling in well at home... Bring on many a halloween themed birthday party! xx

P.S. how did you find the MW's up the hospital? Of the 6 babies I know only 1 had a good experience at the hospital which is a real shame!

Sponsored Links

salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 9:01pm
A couple I had were nice enough, although because I was under obstetrics and baby was under the special care baby unit team I didnt have a lot to do with them. When you have a baby in the SCBU the nurses there help you with breast feeding.
I think you have to make sure you ask for what you need whether it be for pain relief, or help with breast feeding or settling baby. They dont tend to be pro active in their care. One MW I had was really good though.

kelzie_rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelzie_rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 9:35pm
Cass, had to pop in to say HOLY CRAP YOU'RE AT 39 WEEKS!!

Started TTC Apr 2008
With PCOS and a bicornuate uterus

Our angel babies
Jan 2010 <3
Oct 2010 <3
Apr 2011 <3
goodcoffeemum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodcoffeemum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 6:25pm
Congratulations Salz! You snuck into October. So glad to hear you and baby are well.

I am at 38 weeks. Getting very excited!

Good luck everyone!!!

xxx

Loren
CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2011 at 5:41pm
Ha Kelz - I KNOW!!!!!!!! Where did the time go to? And check you out at 28w! Pretty excited for you!

Had a show yesterday morning which got my hopes up, but nothing has happened so far so we're back on the waiting game. Bubs head is 3/5ths engaged, but bum is still right up under my ribs so who knows whats going on

MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2011 at 9:17pm
G/Luck Cass!! I hope it happens soon for you. Sending lots of vibes for a straight forward and positive birth. Hugs!!!

(I was here checking for news from you or Brizzle.... stalkerish much?!?)
Nadia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2011 at 9:36pm
Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and say Good Luck everyone! Was looking at my wee little man whos 4mnths now and thinking it seems like only a few weeks ago that I was in labour but now my babys so big!

This is such a exciting time for you all and just enjoy it!
[URL=http://lilypie.com][IMG]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/TikiPic.php/0UKrA9O.jpg][IMG]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/0UKrp12.png][/URL]
CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 5:14pm
Right have been on here so many times to post this, but babies take up a tonne of time

Lucan was born on the 09th of November, at 2.06am weighing in at 8lb, 49cm tall - in the birthing pool at home!

All went pretty smoothly, labour was 7.5hours long, including 1hr of pushing. Poor hubby struggled to keep up with my need for HEAVY lower back massage in between setting everything up... once our mate arrived she took over.

So far the days are turning into a blur! but it can only get better aye

kelzie_rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelzie_rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 5:56pm
Congrats Cass!! xx

Started TTC Apr 2008
With PCOS and a bicornuate uterus

Our angel babies
Jan 2010 <3
Oct 2010 <3
Apr 2011 <3
salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 7:59pm
Congrats Cass was coming on here waiting to here your news!!! Your right with the days blurring into the next. Feel free to PM me if you need anything!
Hope all is going well with your lovely wee man!

CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2011 at 6:10am
Things have been REALLY up and down, he's not easy to wind, so has lots of tummy pain, and spends hours crying or comfort suckling on me. Had a panic last night that maybe I'm not supplying him with enough milk and gave him a Formula feed but I expressed before we fed him for the rest of the night & I am producing 40ml every 2.5hours which isn't as bad as we thought it was.... so this morning I gave in and tried the dummy - he went down like a troper.

Nothing can ever prepare you for the ups and downs - and its even worse when DH can settle Lucan in for sleeps and he wont with me (though DH keeps saying you try sleeping a toddler in a lolly shop!)

Mum will be here next week which I cannot wait for - she's the worlds best cook, and LOVES ironing! They are pretty stoked with their first grandson so I'm sure Lucan will be well mauled hehe

Right off to catch a few winks before he wakes.... again!

Panda289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2011 at 8:46pm
lurker.. Cass you prob don't remember me from TTC under 30 but huge congratulations on little Lucan!
It is so hard those first 6 or so weeks but I promise it will get better, just remember to do what is right for you and welcome to mummyhood xx
MrsMJD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2011 at 10:20pm
Yay Cass!! It does get better Panda is right do what is right for you. You guys are learning about each other everyday so just take it as it comes and remember it's ok to not know what to do.

Huge huge congrats on Lucans safe arrival!
MissR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 7:53am
Hi Guys,

I havent posted in here since I found out I was pregnant but thought I would pop in and say hi.

We had our wee man on the 12th at 6.26pm, weighing 10pound 7! His name is Max Henry. Labour was awesome, only 3.5hours and 10mins of pushing. Had a massive bleed afterwards but that is all over now and we are home and trying to muddle our way through!!

It is funny that this is baby number 2 and I thought I would be way more confident in knowing that the first few weeks are awful but do past but I still feel like a deer in the headlights and there have been a few tears! Haha. I guess you get used to a toddler who feeds themselves and goes to sleep all night and forget its completly normal for a 1 week old to feed all night!!

Ah well, one day at a time!

I look forward to getting to know some of you, not sure if there is a facebook page too or not but would be keen to join that.

:-)

CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 12:20pm
Thanks for the congrats guys - of course I remember you all

Things are starting to get better here, Managing to do nights on my own - which is good because DH has gone back to work but Mum is here this week which is just like a dream. She even cooks tea, and holds Lucan while DH & I inhale!
Next week will be my first on my own with him, hope things will go well, though he'll be 3 weeks old by then and he seems to get more settled every day.

lucastihema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucastihema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2012 at 1:03pm
Sorry to be so random but i was reading through a few of your posts and had my lil man November 2nd last year.. as you will beable to see from my FB page i dont gt on the net often but would love to share and learn a few things from you all!!
My lil man Lucas is threatning to wearn himelf - any ideads how i can keep him going?? dont really want to put him onto formula if i dont have to..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 707172