FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDunedin antenatal classes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wimble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dunedin antenatal classes
    Posted: 02 March 2011 at 5:30pm

Are there any Dunedin mums that could recommend which antenatal classes are best?  I've been told to avoid the DPH ones, but have heard good things about the Dunedin PArents Centre ones.  Has anyone gone to the Taieri Parents Centre classes? 

DH and I are quite keen on trying to get along to the ones that go for a Sunday/Saturday/Sunday rather than every Monday night for 8 weeks (for example).  Any thoughts on that too?

Mum to 3yo Mr C
#2 due May 2015 :)
Sponsored Links

Lucky apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 9:04pm
Hey
Definitely do what you are suggesting!! Weekend course at parent centre.

I did weekend course at DPC in 2010 - the other couples are now some of my best friends. Us mums catch up every week - usually multiple times per week :-) I would do it at parent centre for the contacts alone - I have some friends who did it at DPH and they did not get put in touch with the other people in the course, and so post having baby had no antenatal group to keep in touch with. Weekend course was fine - long at the time, but SO much better than going out in evenings when your pregnant (I was going to bed at 7pm most nights!).

I've not heard about taieri. I'm sure that would be fine too - and if you lived out that way, good to meet mums who live in your area.
There's also the homebirth ones, which you apparently don't need to be having a homebirth to go to.

Good luck :-) Have fun   
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 1:34pm
I went to antenatal classes at Queen Mary, I found them good enough. They were in the evenings, over a 8 or so week period, though. I did hear that the Mornington Parents Centre classes are great, though. Good luck in choosing!
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2011 at 9:27pm
I used the parents centre, which was good. I have friends currently going to the DPH ones, and they are really enjoying them.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
mrsturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2011 at 9:59pm
I didnt do any but would reccomend them! we were living in central with #1 and just didnt have the time with #2 but others who have done them have made great contacts and friends which makes me wish i did them but then i have my ob mums!!!
Booski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Booski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2011 at 2:55am
We did a weekend course with Focus (?? I think that was the name - was in hospital for most of it!). Definitely do it over a weekend, I would have gone batty having that info spread over 6-8 weeks.

wimble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2011 at 4:33pm

Thanks for your feedback ladies, I've decided to go for the weekend course at Taieri Parents Centre - just waiting for the paperwork to be posted out!

Mum to 3yo Mr C
#2 due May 2015 :)
Fiona265247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiona265247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 11:04am
NCSE-Core exam confirmation can lead the individuals towards different secure calling options. Nutanix affirmation exams are regularly taken in the formed structure, on the web or as the shut book ones.NCSE-Core Certs Exam Dumps is one of the most liberally repaid assertions as the Nutanix advancements are being sent by different associations.
 Post Reply Post Reply