FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBest Winter Sleeping Bag

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
londonbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Winter Sleeping Bag
    Posted: 06 April 2011 at 6:50pm
Hi everyone,

So now that its getting a bit colder I want to get my little guy another sleeping bag as he is waking up with freezing hands. At the moment he wears a Merino Kids but I was thinking of getting a more substantial one...have seen one called a Winter Weight Organic Cotton ergoPouch. Has anyone got one of these or can anyone recommend a reasonably priced alternative?

Sponsored Links

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 7:16pm
You can get a merino kids winter weight one. It is much thicker than the standard one. I use that plus woolen blanketsand it keeps my girl warm. I also have a heater on low in her room as otherwise it would go waaaay below 18 deg. Her hands still get a bit cold but the rest of her is warm so its not a issue.

Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 7:54pm
I have a winter weight Merino Kids bag and I put DS in a merino onesie and either long sleeved or short sleeved bodysuit and DS is toasty warm. The room goes below 18C so I sometimes put the heater on too. Love the Go Go bags...mainly because it's all natural fibres.

bebebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 10:52am
The sleep store seem to recommnend the woolbabe duvet sleeping bag. Its $150. But it looks like it would last longer than the ergoPouch, as its 3-24months, whereas the ergoPouch is 12 months. I'm looking at getting the woolbabe one, if his baby bundles bag doesn't cut it for winter.
jessiesmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessiesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 3:27pm
So glad I checked in here as I guess everyone is thinking the same thing at the moment - which sleeping bag???
My sister and I are thinking of getting the 2 pack winter Woolbabes bags as we both have babies the same age. Has anyone used these? At the moment I have Go Go bags on loan but they are a bit of a pain to thread the zip each time with a wriggly 10 month old. Also I can't find anywhere that sells the duvet weight Go Go one now..

DD 2007, Angel Baby 2009, DS 2010
HuMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2011 at 12:58pm
I love my woolbabe and its much longer than my gogo bag one. Both shoulders unbutton so DS just slips in and out the top, hardly ever use the zip!
JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 9:40pm
I got the 2 pack dimples ones for DS2, cotton for autumn, though it is fine for Winter with a couple layers underneath and a merino one for winter which is lovely and warm, they are quite pricey thou, I think I paid $125 each. DS1 did fine with the dreambaby ones, which are like quilts, you can get them from Baby city and maybe the sleep store and they only cost around $60.
BabyNo2Time View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyNo2Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 1:39pm
Hi, I'm just looking into the sleeping bags now that winter is starting to approach. Has anyone tried the Sweetcheeks one, better, same or not as great as Merino Kids Go Go bag? Opinions????
Up the Duff with #2. DS turns 3 in July.

My Ovulation Chart
newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 4:36pm
I have a winter woolbabe and I love it. Highly recommend it.
chiqa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chiqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 8:02am
I'm looking at getting the ergopouch too. My wee boy has just outgrown his gogo bag (0-2?? whatever)
Right now he's in a grobag which is good but is too long and keeps getting tangled up.
I love the look of the ergo pouch and they do have one from 12 to 36months.
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 8:01pm
I have a woolbabe too (though mine doesnt undo at the shoulders at all - bumsauce, as pulling his hands in and out of the arm holes is a pain) and DS is snug in it. He has a wool blanket on top and sleeps in a long sleeved/legged merino AIO. Have a heater on low as well. We live in Mt Cook (the mountain, not the wellington suburb) and its already snowed 3x this year and he's warm as.
theresa234582 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresa234582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2018 at 10:00am
Hi I am from Australia and ergoPouch Cocoon couldn’t get much easier,they are the most soft and comfortable sleeping suits ever ,This worked wonderfully and I felt quite confident bringing my new born home wrapping her up each sleep

Edited by theresa234582 - 16 November 2018 at 10:04am
 Post Reply Post Reply