FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAccommodation Supplement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sez26 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sez26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accommodation Supplement
    Posted: 13 April 2011 at 7:31am
Hi everyone

Has anyone noticed a slight increase in their AS payments? Looks like ours may have increased by a couple of dollars.

If there is an increase it would be nice if WINZ contacted us (a letter would do) to advise us of this change. I don't want to spend 1/2 hour on the phone to check if it's right.

Sorry a bit of a vent...
DH does shift work and occassionally he does overtime. Everytime I phone them they adjust our income and half the time they do it wrong and they change it indifinitely or record the wrong salary. a lot of the time we will have an overpayment and they set up a debt repayment which is such a random amount. For example we might own $30 and they have us paying back 50c or $10.50 per fortnight. It's such a nightmare. Sometimes I feel like cancelling the payments, but then again it is a nice little payment to see in our bank account. It's our responsiblity to inform them of any extra income but I find it really hard keeping track of it. I wouldn't be surprised if they owed us or we owed them money. I wish they would do checks with IRD to make sure we are getting the correct payments. I do wonder about people that just don't bother notifying them of any exxtra income they receive.

Sorry that was a long one. Anyone else having this problem with AS?

Sponsored Links

mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 4:33pm
Hey
We are the same with having to notify them of wages etc but in all honesty I haven't in a month because they always seem to f**k it up, and coming into winter DP will be working A LOT less so it all balances out for us
With IRD though, because DP changed jobs twice last year (moved to te anau, then Invercargill) they take his holiday payments and use that as part of his yearly earnings, which is fine and dandy, but it has pushed us into a different (much higher) earning bracket and as a result we get a heck of a lot less from working for families which is SO annoying... they didn't even bother to notify us that they were dropping our payments which was a bloody shock
Sorry. Just wanted to rant too :)
 Post Reply Post Reply