FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRecipes for 8 - 12 months

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kelz View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recipes for 8 - 12 months
    Posted: 17 April 2011 at 9:19pm
As requested here is a place to give each other some ideas on what to feed our wee ones.

Post your recipes and food ideas for your 8 - 12 months old babies here

Sponsored Links

Lucky apple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky apple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 6:13pm
I'll get us started....hopefully more people will post here as this is a great idea!!

I've been making these pork muffins for my dd - she loves them. I make them in mini muffin tins and sometimes substitute the carrot for apple, or use both. I freeze them and then they are a quick easy "meat main" to defrost and add to some steamed veggies for her dinner.
thetravelbugtribe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetravelbugtribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 6:40pm
These sound great Sally. I have a mini muffin tin so will try them that size for my DD.

LILLIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LILLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2011 at 1:28pm
ooh I might have to give those a go as well
mrsm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 3:35pm
Potato fish cakes always went down a treat. I would stir a can of tuna/salmon through the leftover mashed spud from dinner with some peas and coat in breadcrumbs. These freeze well and are easy to cook in a dry non-stick pan when needed. Obviously could be done with kumara as well.
Guest_46069 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest_46069 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 7:42pm
Bread cases filled with a mixture of mince and veges (I used mix veges), topped with grilled cheese, these also freeze well
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 7:57am
*bumpity bump* Any more ideas for finger foods for 9 month old babies?

[/url]

Angel June 2012
thetravelbugtribe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetravelbugtribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 8:12am
I've recently been making jelly for my 10 mo old with juice, water and gelatine. I have also made it creamy by adding formula. I also chop up some soft fruit into little pieces and add that. She loves it!

victor123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victor123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 4:40am
Breast Milk and/or Formula are THE MOST IMPORTANT sources of nutrition for your infant up to 12 months old. Do NOT replace a nursing or bottle-feeding with a solid food meal and do not feed the solids first until your pediatrician indicates this is right for your baby.Anyways Ľ cup of oatmeal with a wee bit of banana mashed in with a small drizzle of yogurt
a light Recipe for babies.
 Post Reply Post Reply