FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWorking for Families

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working for Families
    Posted: 09 May 2011 at 7:10pm
For those that get it would you be able to survive if it got cut?They say you should never rely on money like WFF. But with the prices of everything now we definitely rely on it each week.

Sponsored Links

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 8:28pm
Nope if I loose my $88 I will be screwed. Im currently trying to move out of my auntys and get my own place but there would be no way I could afford to if that money was cut I would have to get a job, but by the time I put DD in care and earn minimum wage its not worth it, I would have to do 3+ days a week *sigh damn nelson and the high rents.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:33pm
We probably could, but at the moment it pays for my petrol and the groceries. We have no spare money this fortnight due to GST, Tax & paying off other big bills
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:37pm
We could, wouldn't be that nice but we could
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by _SMS_ _SMS_ wrote:

For those that get it would you be able to survive if it got cut?They say you should never rely on money like WFF. But with the prices of everything now we definitely rely on it each week.

problem is they make you reliant on it & when it gets cut or goes down it hurts.

I worked out our budget on DH's wages & we will survive but it will be tight. I would have to go back to work, which I am planning on doing soon so we will lose it then, but would rather lose it that way than have it taken off us.

I want to put it away & use it for the kids, like school, clothes, shoes etc so if & when it goes I am prepared but at the moment something always comes up, like car repairs, birthdays, school & so on.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 1:38pm
Yeah we could.   It just goes into savings anyway.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 2:01pm
We don't get it at the moment but I've definitely factored it in for when I stop working. I think we could cope but it would make things very tight.

HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 2:34pm
I don't get it atm I chose to have it yearly as DP works fluctuating hours but we could live without it not easily but it'd be doable! I'm interested to see what we get this year as DPs wage went up and he came off salary but he's at a ish rate because he's in the 30% tax rate by my calculations grrrr do the govt not realise that $48000 pa is not actually that much especially when you take 30% of it

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by HoneybunsMa HoneybunsMa wrote:

I don't get it atm I chose to have it yearly as DP works fluctuating hours but we could live without it not easily but it'd be doable! I'm interested to see what we get this year as DPs wage went up and he came off salary but he's at a ish rate because he's in the 30% tax rate by my calculations grrrr do the govt not realise that $48000 pa is not actually that much especially when you take 30% of it

You only pay 30% on the amount over 48k and under 70k so they arent taking 30% of his earnings.

He would only be paying 10.5% on the first 14k then 17.5 on the rest of it.

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 5:40pm
I think it is unfair how the tax rate was done for the in-between earners, they had a higher tax drop for the high & low incomes, it should of been across the board.

We never got WWF till we had 2 kids & then not much & now with 3 we get less than we did with 2 kids...it all helps but definitely does not pay to count on it as they are quick to take it away.
HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 8:41pm
Oh? I don't know much about it all I know is that he owes about $144 for last year which is fine by me its not that much.

We will play the waiting game. Hoping its a decent amount though as we got 3ish back last year and I worked part year got my holiday pay paid out and got PPL. This year it will be based solely on his wage which having had three jobs I'm not sure what he earnt

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 7:23am
Originally posted by jazzy jazzy wrote:

I think it is unfair how the tax rate was done for the in-between earners, they had a higher tax drop for the high & low incomes, it should of been across the board.

We never got WWF till we had 2 kids & then not much & now with 3 we get less than we did with 2 kids...it all helps but definitely does not pay to count on it as they are quick to take it away.

But the in between earners get that special bonus these days .. (thats if you dont get wff though).

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 11:59am
Originally posted by lilfatty lilfatty wrote:

But the in between earners get that special bonus these days .. (thats if you dont get wff though).

what is it?
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by jazzy jazzy wrote:

Originally posted by lilfatty lilfatty wrote:

what is it?

Independent earner tax credit (IETC)

From 1 April 2009 eligible tax payers earning between $24,000 and $48,000 will be entitled to the IETC which will lower the amount of tax to pay. Find out more information on the IETC.

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 5:21pm
oh ok I meant the middle range not lower, thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply