FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSMBC - Single Mother By Choice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
bubalys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubalys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2011 at 3:34pm
Yay Lorna exciting
Sponsored Links

choco69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choco69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2011 at 11:26pm
have emailed Emma too :) will let you know if anything comes of it!

smc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2013 at 10:31pm
This is a really old thread but I to am now a SMC!!!
My son is 8 weeks old.
Yay - love my new life as a mumma.

Anyone out there keen to get in touch?

adventuressjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adventuressjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2013 at 9:49pm
Hi- me too! bubs is 7 months. Congrats
LateStarterLorna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 8:34am
Im still around, have two kids now :)

smc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 9:27pm
Awesome that's at least 4 of us on here!

Wow two babies LateStarterLorna that's great. I want Cooper to have a sibling too!

When are you moving to Christchurch adventuressjo?

Did anything ever come of the 20/20 show?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 10:02pm
I was pretty lucky to have another using the same donor :)

I spoke to Emma but decided not to go ahead with being involved as I didnt want to appear on tv lol

Hows life with a 8 week old, mines 8 months and just started crawling, it seems so long ago that he was just a little baby(not that little thou lol)

Edited by LateStarterLorna - 18 March 2013 at 10:10pm

smc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 10:19pm
I have used a known donor and have some sperm stored for when I am ready. Gosh strange to think I am even talking about number 2 already.

Life is more amazing than I imagined... I have been in the childcare industry for years and heard so many stories good and bad about parenthood so am lucky enough to appreciate my happy settled baby.

So have you found any support groups for SMCs? Met up with anyone else?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LateStarterLorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 11:04am
I just have the normal due date groups, great friends and I did join single parents trust but have yet to go to a meet, its only been about 2 years lol

jsoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2013 at 10:49am
Hi, my wee girl is now 19 months and a terror of a toddler (gorgeous though).If anyone is in Wellington & would like to meet up I would love to catch up for a chat. All my family is in Europe, so it would be great to meet others who have done the same as me.
I'm working full time as well, so life is pretty full on.
I do still have 1 embryo in frozen storage, but I'm still trying to make that decision to give it a go or not. I'm now 45, so need to make that call pretty soon I guess. Anyway, good to know that everything is going well for you all. :)
Free2BeMe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Free2BeMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:47pm
You possibly already know, but there is an online forum dedicated to SMBC, it is Australian based though.
Joanne131686 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joanne131686 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2013 at 7:25pm
Hello
I have just taken the first step to becoming a smbc! Exciting but wondering if anyone out there is willing to met up and fill me in on all the real ins and outs of it? I'm in Wellington!
By the way- congrats to everyone who has done it! So amazing!
Mel158282 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel158282 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2014 at 3:32pm
Hi there, I know that I'm replying to an old post but I'd be really interested in knowing where you advertised for a donor. My situation sounds very similar. Thanks
Aims1992 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aims1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 10:05pm
Hey. It was fascinating to read this thread. I am hoping that there is someone on here from Christchurch who is thinking about becoming or who is already a single mother by choice. I am still young, but want to prepare myself to go it alone. With no partner in sight, I'm quickly losing hope! I had always wanted to have kids young (in my early 20's) while I still have the energy. So here I am, 23 years old, wanting to chat with others about how you went about becoming a parent without a partner.
Symbiote207920 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Symbiote207920 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 11:00am
Hi guys

I have just started this SMBC journey too! I am in my mid-late 30s, and just thought it was time to get going with kids (I have always known I was going to have them). After being on the FA sperm waiting list for 2 years, I am now starting my first cycle of IUI - so excited!

I had a look for a NZ-based blog/detailed personal story about the experience of doing this alone, but couldn't find anything. So I have started a blog, which I am hoping helps give information to anyone wanting to do this themselves, and who might want a bit more information about what the day-to-day experience of this journey is like.

The blog address is https://choicesymbiotenz.wordpress.com/

I hope it is useful to someone out there...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234