FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew born night nappies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New born night nappies
    Posted: 31 May 2011 at 7:35am
I never used cloth when DD was newborn so not sure.

Do they wet more overnight? do i need night nappies for a young baby? or is it best just to change with every feed overnight?

Ive read Pop Ins are the best for night use, and are OSFA. Has anyone used these from newborn-2months? Or are they best suitable for older babies?
Sponsored Links

Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 11:32am
Overnight when DS was newborn I would just change at every feed as more often than not he would've done number 2s...

Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 12:11pm
Agree with Jaune, I tended to just use a "normal" nappy until Kiara started sleeping more than 5 hours in one go, In saying that we did then start using sposies overnight as we didn't have a cloth night nappy at that stage but she wet through those too so we had to get a dedicated night nappy.
We use the pop-ins now, have 4 of them with the night booster, she was STTN (7-7) at 3 1/2 mths and we got the pop-ins at about 4 mths.
Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 12:13pm
DS was in flats w/ pins overnight when a newborn and i changed every feed anyway. They lasted him fine. He only woke 2x a night from day 1 so they had heaps of time to soak up pee. Though i gave it up after about a 2 weeks and he was in sposies at night after that so not sure about it as a long term plan.
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 1:39pm
I just changed every feed as DD pooed at each one. I had her in prefolds with a booster and that lasted a few hours alright, then moved onto pockets, and adjusted the stuffing as she grew. We now also use the pop-in original with night booster, totally reccommmend them.

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 1:55pm
I have Ittis for this baby, so hopefully they will hold long enough

Another question then, how many Pop ins do you ladies use?
I was thinking 5 would be plenty but just buy extra boosters to give the other ones time to dry because the cover wouldnt take long. Is this what others do?
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 3:11pm

Yeah I just used normal nappies. Pockets overnight and prefolds during day. THe pockets kept her dryer and if she did sleep a little longer it didn't mater casue I knew she'd not leak.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 7:55pm
I changed every feed at that age cos she was a poo machine. She was in prefolds day and night. When she got a wee bit older and stopped pooing so often, I changed her into small bitti boos and bummis whisper wraps and they lasted all night - although she woke up a lot more than that so I'd change her sometimes anyway.
Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by _SMS_ _SMS_ wrote:

Another question then, how many Pop ins do you ladies use?
I was thinking 5 would be plenty but just buy extra boosters to give the other ones time to dry because the cover wouldnt take long. Is this what others do?

Should be plenty. I have 2 full pop-in nappies and 2 full insert sets (soaker set and dri nite booster) and the washing/drying turnaround seems to be ok with washing every second day...but I also have 4 bitti boos for night time which I think might be a little bit of overkill...but quite nice to mix it up a little bit!

lisame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 10:38am
what the others said - pretty much every nappy would be a dirty one in the first weeks. But... she was sleeping 6-7 hours by around 6-7 weeks, but I was still using the same newborn nappies - they were a bamboo fleece with a cover. At around maybe 4 months or so, we started using a proper night nappy which is a bamboo fleece pocket, with microfibre & trifold, and a cover. That's still doing well at 12 hours plus a night. We have four and no problems drying them in time.
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 11:02am
I have 4 pop-ins with boosters, im too lazy to have less covers, just prefer having a full set. I have 4 diff colours so i have a system where i use them in a set order, so that way one doesnt get used more than the others.

Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 1:16pm
I have 2 sets of full pop ins with night booster, and then 2 spare sets, but I tend to put the extra sets into my Mybaby pockets lol, wasn't the intention but works fine that way.

I've never really run out unless shes done the poop overnight thing twice in a row and then I might have had to use the dryer to get them dry (I wash every 2nd day)
Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
 Post Reply Post Reply