FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedStrange emotions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
maudie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maudie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange emotions
    Posted: 15 June 2011 at 8:42pm
I am 4 weeks away from having my 4th Baby. My first Child was born sleeping at 20 weeks, I delivered a little girl Anika.
Since finding out I am having a Baby Girl, I have been very nervous, scared, worried, upset, excited, elated every emotion you could possibly think of is currently running through my head.
I am worried about how I am going to feel when she is born. I know I am going to be the proudest Mum every but will I have all the sad emotions of Anika's passing come back to the surface?

Anyone with any advice I would really love to hear from you. x

Sponsored Links

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 12:53pm
No advice here sorry, just wanted to say I am sure things will go smoothly for you, and just take it one step at a time. I think what ever you feel will be the right emotion for you, what ever that is (I hope that makes sense?)

+1 May 09 Angel
MauMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MauMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 5:13pm
Just wanted to send hugs to you.

I think having a baby after loss, especially one of the same sex, is very difficult but also joyous.

It's just another part of the grieving process.

You're letting go of Anika being your only daughter and all those things your new daughter will do will just remind you that Anika never will.

By loving this new daughter, are you not loving Anika?

It's hard. But it's healing on another level. Anika will always, always be a part of your life and so will your new daughter.

Hugs Mama. Life after loss isn't easy.
Crazy Cat Lady + Computer Geek
Mama to Her (Asperger, anxiety)
Big Boy
Tiger Cat
Bobchannz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobchannz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 1:55pm
I had a scan with my last pregnancy because I thought I was having a boy. I really wanted the baby to be a boy because I wanted that pregnancy to be different from my previous one, where we lost our daughter in the second trimester. The scan showed that we were having a girl.

To be frank, it was a tough pregnancy emotionally because I was so concerned about another loss. I was alert to the possibility of PND and the birth opening up a lot of complex emotions.

For me, and it could be different for someone else, I was fine after the birth, and for the first seven months. After that I had some trouble with this online site that had taken it upon themselves to create their own online tribute to my daughter (without my permission and taken from cremation records). The grief reopened and I had a very rough month. I came very close to depression, and it has only been the last month when my daughter has consistently slept through, and that I made sure to protect my mood through exercise and talking that I have cheered up.

So I think it is a natural fear to have, and it may be that trouble dealing with some of the very normal emotions you might experience may come later than you might think.

I wish you a very happy and safe birth.
www.makedomum.blogspot.co.nz
 Post Reply Post Reply