FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2yr old with NO speech OR comprehension

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2yr old with NO speech OR comprehension
    Posted: 17 June 2011 at 9:24pm
Anyone else out there with similar chn?

Our daughter has just turned two and has NO speech or comprehension. Not a word. No nicknames for objects etc etc etc

Love to hear from similar cases. She is currently being tested for loads of syndromes.

Sponsored Links

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 9:47pm
Late talking runs on my side of the family... For my maternal granddad it was a case of very enlarged tonsils and something else that required and operation and then he said his first words! This was mid-late 1930's though and so they actually thought he was 'special needs'.

My mum was also about 2.5-3 years old when she said her first word (60's) but hers was more of a case of nothing to say... She just decided to talk one day.

I was complete opposite.

Hope you get some answers soon!
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 11:15pm
You've probably already checked this but have you checked out her hearing?
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Care View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Care Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2014 at 5:03am
yes my daughter is the same and she say mum dad nan and bananana/nana at times but screams mostly
 Post Reply Post Reply