FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChoosing Baby’s Sex

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kelzie_rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelzie_rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Choosing Baby’s Sex
    Posted: 18 October 2011 at 9:10am
Linky

Thoughts??

Started TTC Apr 2008
With PCOS and a bicornuate uterus

Our angel babies
Jan 2010 <3
Oct 2010 <3
Apr 2011 <3
Sponsored Links

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 11:01am
To me its just wrong. What happens to all the fertalized eggs that arn't the right gender? What would you do if you only had girl eggs and wanted a boy? I think its fantastic that modern medicine can help out those who have trouble naturally, but that it should stop there (unless they have a genetic condition that is nasty then I think it has its place)

Jaune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 1:10pm
Me too Wriggles. I think it's wrong. I don't even really like finding out the sex once it's conceived.
I don't even agree with the idea of doing it just to 'gender balance' a family...I mean seriously? Is that a real problem for people??
I'd be just as happy to have a family of all boys or all girls as I would to have a combination. It doesn't worry me what we get as long as the baby is healthy.

kelzie_rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelzie_rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 1:34pm
I would only ever agree with it only to the point that if a terrible genetic disease would be passed on to one gender but not the other. But as someone who struggled for a long time to get pregnant, and had three miscarriages, I'm just happy to get whatever gender I'm given!

Started TTC Apr 2008
With PCOS and a bicornuate uterus

Our angel babies
Jan 2010 <3
Oct 2010 <3
Apr 2011 <3
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2011 at 7:58pm
I know what its like to prefer a certain sex....but at the same time,im a big believer in that you get what you are meant to have,even if it doesn't always feel like that at the time.
I think this would be starting to play God,and imo,thats never a good idea

Post Reply Post Reply