FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOnline Support for Working Mums?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chic_Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic_Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Online Support for Working Mums?
    Posted: 16 September 2012 at 6:33pm
Hi Ladies

ABOUT ME: I'm currently pregnant with my first baby. As our family breadwinner, I am returning to work once baby is 14 weeks old. Fortunately I can mostly work from home, however baby will need to be in care 10-15 hours a week.

I'm finding it really hard to find online support forums / groups for working mums. Any recommendations? (aside from here course!) Is there a Facebook Group for NZ Working Mums?

Many thanks.
Sponsored Links

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2012 at 6:44pm
Hey Chic_Geek

I'm in a similar boat as the main breadwinner but I havent found any online support (besides this sub-forum). Its a bit hard in the beginning because I'd have loved to meet up with moms of similar age kids but everyone seems to meet up during the week when I'd be at work.

I hope you find something!

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2012 at 10:54pm
Me too, I started this for that reason but find Im too busy to check often and it hasnt really got going as I think SAHMs come on this site more than working Mums do. Let us know if you find anything sorry thats not much help
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2012 at 10:55pm
We could start a facebook group and see if it got going?
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
MADMumpreneurNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MADMumpreneurNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2012 at 7:54pm
Hi Snugglebug and Chic Geek,

How did you go finding support? I too am a working mum (15-20 hours a week) but I am lucky to have enough flexibility to be able to get to a couple of kids & caregivers activities during the week if I choose to.

I know of a few sites online where work at home mums can get support, but most of them are Aussie sites and a lot of the women are working on their own businesses as opposed to working for someone else (I think). Because of the lack of kiwi sites, it's likely you'll find a few kiwis on the Ozzie forms.

Another NZ site to check out is
http://professionelle.co.nz/ a lot of their members are also Mums

We work with a lot of mumpreneurs ourselves in our business, it's a huge growth area!

Here are some Aussie forums to check out too....

http://www.motivatingmum.com/ Ali, the founder of this site is lovely!
http://www.connect2mums.com.au/cms/ I've just joined this one and their forum looks pretty active...

Best of luck with it!
Janine

PorterLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PorterLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2015 at 9:45pm
bump - hands up working mums. I really struggle, particularly when the kid gets sick and often need a place to vent - anyone?

MADMumpreneurNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MADMumpreneurNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2015 at 5:48pm
Hi all,

It's been ages since I posted and funnily enough, our biz has really gone down the work at home mum route (we've rebranding as Get It Done Mum).

We have a private facebook group that provides great support but it's only for graduates of our programmes, however there are some great FB groups out there to join that are full of other Mums - try the Go To Girl Networking Group and the Women's Circle - all the women that run these groups are mumpreneurs and there are hundreds of working at home Mums in there.

Also, come on over and visit our facebook page sometime (search Get iT DOne Mum) and we're launching a podcast mid October designed specifically for NZ based Mums in business, so come along and listen in!

Funny how things work out, I hope you can each find something in here that is going to offer you the support you are after.

Warm wishes,
Janine
 Post Reply Post Reply