FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeed your help dads!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Steven100874 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven100874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need your help dads!
    Posted: 04 December 2012 at 3:20pm
Im not so great at this baby stuff and its not really something i want to get all our friends involved in so i thought maybe some strangers could help a guy out. my wife and i got a divorce in december of 2011 and things were really rocky in the months before that. she found out she was pregnant in january and had a due date of september 3. She gave birth to adaughter on August 31 and weighed 6lb 7 oz.

She apparently slept with several different people in the end of Nov & December and isn't sure who the dad is and im limited on funds or id go pay for a test and lawyer. She keeps telling me the kid is mine, and i thought it could be until i started doing the math but im not sure i know enough about how to count weeks in a pregnancy.

She says her last period was oct 29th, 2011, and that the Dr thought she would've conceived around nov 12th. But to me that would have given her a much earlier due date than Sept 3? I moved out Nov 20 and the week before that I know we didn't sleep together.

We also had a friend due Sep 4th and her Dr told her she conceived December 10th, so to me it doesn't make sense on what she'ssaying.

She wont let me even see the kid so someone please help me out.
Sponsored Links

sbeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2012 at 8:29pm
Not a dad but I can tell you I conceived my son on Jan 1st or 2nd and he was due Sept 25, arrived a few days early. My understanding that it is 40 calendar weeks from the first day of period

Also you could use a due date calendar (just google for one) and put in various dates until you get close to the baby's birthday...

Hope that helps...best of luck

ArielAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 11:45am
Not a dad either, but just a comment, the last date of a period doesn't always mean a lot in terms of conception - my DD was conceived well over a month after the date of my last period. The standard is around two weeks, but not for everyone, and even if a person is usually really regular if you are stressed (with something such as a divorce) then this can throw the body out.

Check out this calculator http://www.babymed.com/conception-calculator or google for others (there are a few out there).

If it were me and you aren't sure if you are the father, I'd be saving or borrowing for a paternity test and a lawyer as those will be cheaper than child support in the long run, and then at least you will know.

All the best
After 16 months TTC, surprise BFP July 10
DD1 Mar 11
After 9 months TTC, BFP on 4th Clomid cycle Feb 13
DD2 Oct 13
 Post Reply Post Reply