FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSore knees :(

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gemma102734 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma102734 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sore knees :(
    Posted: 04 January 2013 at 8:02am
Every night I am waking up with pain in my knees. I am sleeping on my side and using a body pillow between my legs. Does anyone know why this is happening and if there is anything I can do about it???
Sponsored Links

EcoMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EcoMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 8:34am
It might be from having tiny muscle cramps overnight. I used to get massive leg cramps at night with each pregnancy until I discovered the miracle of brocolli!!!! I eat brocoli with almost every dinner and make a couple of pieces extra which I put in the fridge and eat right before going to bed. There is something in brocoli that prevents muscle cramps and I have not had them since.
You might want to think about those knee support things during the day too, as the extra weight of pregnancy might be tiring out your knee joints.
Next time you see your midwife you should definatley tell him/her about it. Pains in your legs can be a sign of DVT which is common in pregnancy as our blood thickens with the extra hormones.
Good luck! I hope it clears up for you!
 Post Reply Post Reply