FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNursery Linen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nursery Linen
    Posted: 11 January 2013 at 11:20am
Hi Everyone. Im new to OhBaby and after some advice/ideas. I've got a bit of time on my hands at the moment, number one is due in May. I am keen to sew my own nursery linen, sheets, quilt, all that sort of thing. I've had a look on line for patterns but haven't been able to find what I am looking for yet.

Does any one have any ideas/links that might be able to help me out?
Sponsored Links

dottydot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dottydot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 4:12pm
sorry not much help LF, I'm due in May too and needing patterns for sheets etc. Have you looked on pinterest?
I've just made this quilt http://cluckclucksew.bigcartel.com/product/pdf-pattern-juice-boxes for baby's cot - here's mine https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/537181_10151415261898169_1001464407_n.jpg (*sorry don't know how to do linky things!)
MIL bought me some flannelette to make sheets, and some muslin for making wraps and wash cloths :)
Stoked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 5:26pm
I don't think you'll be able to find patterns. The size of bassinet mattresses seems to vary quite a lot. I made my ones by measuring the top of the mattress, adding on the depth and deciding how much I wanted it to tuck around. (Fitted bottoms). For the tops I used the top of the mattress size again and decided how much extra I wanted it to wrap around the sides.

Hopefully that is of some help.

Your quilt looks awesome dottydot - well done, love the fabric.
LF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2013 at 2:16pm
Thanks for the advice. I hadn't even thought about measuring the mattress and sorting things that way. I think I might need to get my creative hat on

I have had a look on pintrest, and there are some neat ideas, I just haven't found patterns that way, and I'm a beginner so need a bit of guidance :)

Cool quilt dottydot, love the colours   
Pure104913 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure104913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 4:20pm
The size of bassinet mattresses seems to vary quite a lot.
"I love erotic lingerie and feminine things. It makes me feel nice to look good and turn somebody on by doing so. " ~ Lorri Bagley
Manz12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manz12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2013 at 4:55pm
I went to the library and got our some craft books. I am making a quilt from a book called "3-Fabric Quilts" it is for beginners and it is actually really simple and they are modern quilts.

Also if you sign up to be a VIP at your local Spotlight store they have projects that they give free patterns for.

There is a really cool fabric website www.bytheyard.co.nz also www.etsy.com is a US website but they have patterns, fabric and supplies and most sellers ship to NZ. Also I always look at www.potterybarnkids.com for inspiration.
LF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2013 at 5:30pm
I've signed up as a VIP at Spotlight, its a pretty handy store aye :) I went in the other day to check out their fabric sale stuff and got inspired to make a small 80x80 blanket with cotton fabric on one side and minky on the other, it was a lot of fun once I got it all cut and pinned.

Thanks for the other ideas on where to look, I hadn't even thought about the library!
 Post Reply Post Reply