FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLaundry Powder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gemma102734 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma102734 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Laundry Powder
    Posted: 22 January 2013 at 3:53pm
My midwife suggested a laundry powder called 'Amolin' as babies skin is so sensitive normal Cold Power etc is no good. However it seems that Amolin is no longer sold in NZ. Can anyone recommend a laundry powder suitable for baby clothing and bedding???
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 8:00pm
i used Persil - dont like the smell of it now though but Persil sensitive doesnt have the smell. I imagine any sensitive powder would be okay. Or you could look into a detergent free alternative like soap nuts.

JandS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JandS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 9:33pm
Maybe give Ecostore a go? I've been using it for years and love the fact that it doesn't make my skin feel yuck :) My son also suffered a bit of eczema as a baby, which was irritated if he ended up in clothes that hadn't been washed in it. Good luck finding what works for you :)
Ladybird84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 8:55pm
I would go for something natural such as ecostore or earthwise.
Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 1:47pm
My sister only uses ecostore for her washing and recommended I do as well. It's natural and plant based but I would assume it's quite a bit more expensive. I currently use persil for our clothes and was thinking I would continue with it and only switch to eco if my little one reacted to it as all these extra things do add up. If Ecostore stuff isn't too much more expensive then I might get start using it for just the baby's things though.
Me 34
Him 35
DD almost 2 years old and...
Baby #2 on it's way!

hannahmay321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannahmay321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 9:03pm
I have found the Wendyl Nielson recipe for washing powder really good. you can get all the ingredients from Bin Inn and it works out really cheap and quick to make.. http://www.wendylsgreengoddess.co.nz/recipes/cleaning/laundry-powderclay/
Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2013 at 9:05am

Hannah I just googled Wendyl Neilson as had never heard of her and awesome! I think I will give some of her recipes a go Thumbs Up

Me 34
Him 35
Baby #2 on it's way!

Belle Orchid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belle Orchid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 3:32pm
Bobsta a lot of clothing brands for baby's recommend Lux Flakes so I am giving that a go. It is a bit time consuming as you have to dissolve the flakes first but seems good
Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:51pm
Good suggestion Belle, I hadn't even thought of that! I actually just bought some a week ago to hand wash some second-hand knitted things. Only thing I read is I can't use it directly in my washing machine as we have just bought a front loader.
Me 34
Him 35
Baby #2 on it's way!

nikos104718 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikos104718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 1:08am
Many multi branded laundry powders are available in the stores and I have been using one of the best laundry powders. It uses for my baby cloths and it gives good results from many days. Some companies providing laundry powders for all kind of cloths at affordable prices and it is also important to check the quality of laundry powder before we use it.

cleaning products
cleaning supplies
 Post Reply Post Reply