FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedclexane in pregnancy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.Flossy. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Flossy. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clexane in pregnancy
    Posted: 06 May 2013 at 7:00pm
Hey,
I found out last week I am pregnant with my number 2. I had a pulmonary embolism last year and because of this I have to inject myself daily throughout my pregnancy with clexane to lower risk of getting another clot. I am only 4.5 weeks pregnant and already over the injections. I would love to hear from anyone else who is having to do this also...
Sponsored Links

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 10:33pm
Me.
I'm 35 weeks and due to a blood clot I got in my leg a week after my last baby was born I have to do them every day and until 6 weeks post partum.

They aren't fun are they? I wish I had some tips on how to make them feel better but Im still gritting my teeth through them most days.
Have they told you how long you will need to do them for ?
As much as I hate them,my friend died of a pulmonary embolism resulting from a blood clot that wasn't picked up 3 weeks after her baby was born,so I just tell myself it could be worse,that usually helps..that and making sure I have a good pinch of the skin when I inject it and release it slowly and as much as I want to,I don't rub it.

.Flossy. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Flossy. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 8:53am
Hey, thanks for replying. They havn't said to me yet how long I have to do them for but i'm pretty sure I will have to do it in the post partum period too..

Thanks for your advice and for mentioning your friend. I'm sorry to hear about her passing. I think that's what I need to keep thinking about - that I am doing it for a reason (to keep me and the baby safe) and just really accept that this is how it has to be :)
Stephanie: View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 3:13pm
Keep taking it. I am 27 weeks pregnant. At 15 weeks they found a tumour in my brain so both myself and the baby were on the operating for 6 hours. Now in recovery and both still here!

I was bed bound in hospital for several days and had two different types of these injections daily. The clexane is the one that stings the least, trust me I know from experience! I had mine in my belly and once in the arm. The belly was easier to tolerate than the tricep which bruised badly as if I been punched!

It's for a good reason you are doing this 😃
 Post Reply Post Reply