FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOpinion needed please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kyles666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyles666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opinion needed please
    Posted: 07 July 2013 at 4:36pm
Hi ladies,

Just needing your advice on something.

Last week at my 36 week OB appointment they did a scan and my gorgeous boy is still breech, so they booked me in for a elective c section on my 38th week - 37 Weeks on Wednesday.

My midwife and friends and Ob say that there is a small chance but highly doubt that he will turn before I have the c section.

From the scan, he is already 8lb6oz so im thinking he might be too big to turn and his bottom is really low, so have the bowling ball feeling between legs. I can feel his head up high, so hard compared to the rest of my belly and when i lie down thats pretty much what you can see a big bulge where his head is.

What are your opinions on him turning?

Thanks heaps in advance
Sponsored Links

TerriDoig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerriDoig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 8:46pm
A friend of mine was booked in for a C-section with her first cause he was breach. Then she didn't need it because he turned and she had a natural birth. There are some 'exercises' you can do to encourage the baby to turn but ultimately you have to do what the professionals say. They have studied and have the experience.   Why are they not waiting until 40 weeks?
Kyles666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyles666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 5:10am
Because I have gestational Diabetes so I have to be either c sectioned if he is still breech or induced before 40 weeks due to mother and baby complications - GD complications.

Midwife and OB do not want me to try and turn up, if he turns on his own thats fine ill be induced but im not to do any of the spinning babies exercises.

To be honest, I dont want him to turn, never have. Hes been in this position for pretty much all of my pregnancy. Dont know if my uterus is shaped funny or what.
 Post Reply Post Reply