FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRe lactating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Astonsmuma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astonsmuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re lactating
    Posted: 31 January 2014 at 9:56am
Hey mums,
I have a 15 week old baby boy. He was tounge tied when he was born so breastfeeding was hard and painful. He wasn't able to latch and the doctors at the hospital took a while to snip the tie. However I expressed my milk and gave him EBM for 4 weeks. During that time I got mastitis and ended up in hospital for over a week treating it. While in hospital I didn't get the support I needed. I was in a lot of pain, trying to breastfeed and expressing after every feed during the night (it felt like I had twins!). During the stay in hospital his tounge was snipped but by then he was used to the bottle and refused to latch. When I got home the mastitis kept coming back so I gave up breastfeeding and slowly weened myself with the breastpump.
He is now formula fed and has been since 4 weeks old. I riddled with guilt that I didn't try harder and angry that I didn't get the support that I needed when I was exhausted in hospital. I am desperate to try to re lactate. I was wondering if any mums out there have had success in doing this and ways to go around it. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Thank you
Xxx :)
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply