FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUnsuccessful ivf (with icsi)... what next?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unsuccessful ivf (with icsi)... what next?
    Posted: 03 August 2014 at 7:56pm
Hi there,
Wanted to start a thread for anyone dealing with an unsuccessful ivf cycle to share support, learnings and any tips for the future.
Background to us...
TTC for 18 months ahead of going to FA Auckland. Assumed issue with me, so had lap and related tests which all came back fine. Re-rested husband and discovered antibodies in sperm. Outcome is that only option is ivf with icsi.
Enrolled for publicly funded treatment, but decided to give a private round a go.
Took pill for one month ahead of going into cycle.
9 days of injections before trigger.
8 eggs retrieved, 4 mature.
All fertilized, went to 5 day transfer. One transfered and one on ice.
AF turned up ahead of blood test - so round one was unsuccessful.
Now debating next moves - anyone gone straight back into a cycle? What's the minimum time to a frozen embryo transfer?
Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 8:04pm
FC - sorry to hear of your failed transfer.
I'm pretty sure you can go straight into frozen transfer in your next cycle.

We had ivf with icsi with a donor due to my dh not having sperm at all. Was at risk of ohss so had to freeze all which was two 5 dayers in January.
I had to have two cycles off before I could do transfer to let my body get back to normal so in April did the first which resulted in a chemical preg. Did the second transfer in the cycle straight after and it worked however had at miscarriage which was discovered at my first ultrasound.

So.....good luck and hard as it is try to stay hopeful because chances are the next transfer will work.
Lots of girls who've had ivf and along time ttc hang in the ttc 12mths thread and are super supportive. You're welcome to pop in there :)
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
FC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2014 at 8:28pm
Hi babycrazy.
Thank you so much for your insight and for sharing your story.
Sorry to hear that your journey so far has been challenging and for your MC.
Absolutely agree on staying hopeful - I'm thankful that we lucky enough to have the option to try treatment :-)
I'll pop into that thread for sure.
epictraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 6:17am
Hey FC I'm in this boat too, two IVF With ICSI cycles. First we had four eggs, two fertilised, one transferred, was a chemical. Second we had three eggs, all fertilised, one transferred, no success. And we have none frozen either. Third one will be private, we're saving up at the moment. Definitely come into the thread BC mentioned, heaps of people in our boat unfortunately :-(

Angel babies April 2013, Nov 2013

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 6:52am
Hi FC,
Can't comment yet as my first ec is today but as epic and bc said come hang out in ttc 12m + as it is such a supportive group and regular comments
Hugs
FC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 7:48am
Thanks epictraveller and icecream - great to have support at this time :-)

Icecream - Good luck with ec today!!
poppy101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poppy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 10:38pm
Hi FC, was just reading your post and discovered you are also dealing with sperm antibodies.. as my partner has this too. We are booked in to acupunture with a lady who specializes in this who has had loads of success, by also using herbs. Have u ever considered this path? We are booked in to try ivf icsi in Feb next yr. Would be great if this worked in the meantime though. Fingers crossed for u x
FC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2014 at 8:01pm
Hey Poppy101.
Pesky antibodies huh!
I've been doing accupuncture regularly but haven't come across anything for the boy. Really interested in looking into this - are you in Auckland? If so, could you be able to share details of who you are seeing with me?
Good luck to you also - hope you get a great big positive soon!!!
TTC since Jan 2012
FA since Jul 2013
Lap/Hyst/HSG Dec 2013
2 x Monitored Clomid Jan / Feb 14
IVF with icsi Jul 14 - BFN
poppy101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poppy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2014 at 9:02pm
Hi fc,
yes blinkin antibodies, they sure are a problem. No, im in wellington and her name is katrina gascoyne and specializes in male infertility. Icame across her after a lot of internet searching so im sure auckland will prob have even more than here. I just thought there was nothing u can do with antibodies but katrina is certain she can help him, so we will see. We have our first visit on 3rd sept, will keep u posted x
pagerlvy33237502 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pagerlvy33237502 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2019 at 5:43am
Hope everything worked out for you hun
If not, now there are plenty of fertility tx options out there. for example, surrogacy. it can be both on own eggs or donor's eggs.
We went for the latter. Our sm is already pregnant. And I am really happy to announce it to the world.
Briti250299 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briti250299 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2019 at 2:34am
Hi Fc! I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience. Well I was infertile I was suggested by mu doctor and family member to go for the surrogacy as it is best in my case and I planned for it with my husband. It just happened because of the support of my husband. I think you should also go for the surrogacy it will be best for u further. regards take care.
lenabr199848 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenabr199848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2021 at 4:51pm
agree with posters above, today there are so many treatments available in the country and abroad. Don't give up. I keep my fingers crossed x
Me 38, DH 42
#1IVF - BNF, no implantation
#2IVF - BNF, mc
changed clinics, 1st appointment Gdansk - June 2018
#3IVF - Gdansk Poland, Dec 2018
Helen249952 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen249952 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2021 at 12:56pm
As you've been told above, you should never give up! We had to use surrogacy abroad. The Ukrainian Feskov clinic provided us with full legal support and we were satisfied. But the most important thing is, of course, a healthy child! Now during the pandemic they even offer remote programs.
 Post Reply Post Reply