FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue October 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ShanelleBrooks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShanelleBrooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Due October 2014
    Posted: 21 September 2014 at 1:01pm
Hi everyone!

I am due 11th October 2014 (3 weeks to go!) but I don't have any mummy friends to discuss stuff with...only my mum & my mum in law.
I met some great people at my AN class but of course, I'm due first!

Hoping I can find some new & great friends to chat with smile

I am 21 and this is my first baby. It was planned and we are both super excited.
Partner won't be able to have much time off work after bubs arrives so I'm feeling a little left in the lurch!

Baby has been fully engaged for the last 11 days and was 3/5 engaged for 2 weeks before that. I have "dropped" about a week ago so wondering if this means baby is on his/her way?

Would love some response smile

Thanks
Shanelle
Sponsored Links

Simonne152944 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne152944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2014 at 2:00pm
Exciting Shanelle! I wish I could help you out but i'm none the wiser!! every little twinge has me left optimistically hopeful that labours nearing! i'm 39 weeks today.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShanelleBrooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2014 at 2:05pm
ooh 39 weeks!!
That is super exciting!
Do you know if your baby is engaged etc?
Is this your first?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne152944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2014 at 2:12pm
Its really interesting for me to read a few of these forums because I find that I don't really get the same sort of detail as many expecting mums from my midwife. She's lovely don't get me wrong but being a first time mum and not really knowing what to ask or what I should be told sometimes throws me. I think that its google that has educated me with the basics!
I have been told her head is engaged but thats about it really. I'm just playing the waiting game now trying to keep myself occupied from being fed up!

Hopefully your next few weeks fly by for you!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShanelleBrooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2014 at 2:24pm
Yeah same here!
I was having real sore tummy pains the other day & was asking my midwife the difference between Braxton hicks contractions and early labour and she really confused me because I was sure I was in early labour but she was adamant I will go to around 41 weeks just like most other first timers...but I don't seem to think baby will stay in that long.. but we will see!

Yeah I know the feeling!
I am currently still working full time as I don't want to be sat at home alone for the next maybe 4 weeks... I have one mummy friend but her child is 5 in January so it's been a while since she had a baby and she will be going back to work soon. so I feel like I really don't have anyone to discuss stuff with, never mind spending 4 weeks wondering if "this is it" when I get something happening in my tummy lol.

Yes hoping so for you too!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne152944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2014 at 8:21pm
What type of tummy pains have these been? I've experienced a lot of Braxton hicks I think but they haven't been overly painful. I guess its just felt like my tummys tensed and turns into a hard boiled egg for a little while. Happens after the loo or if I move about kind of thing.

The other pains i've felt is mild period like cramping which subsides its never really stuck around too long, i've also explained sharp stabbing like pains in my groin area to my midwife and shes said this was round ligament pain. They've stopped me in my tracks and have been quite painful.

My midwife was always confident I wouldn't be seeing my girl 'early' as she's my first and so far to date shes been correct although they aren't always right with their presumptions and beliefs that all first time mums will go late. I've friends who have had their 'first' babies early. I've had a few go late. :) your little one will know when he/she is ready.

What are you having by the way if you don't mind me asking?

Kudos to you for still working, I stopped working at 34 weeks due to the stress of my job and struggled the first month being at home! They say those who feel boredom lack imagination so i've had to find things to do to preoccupy myself.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShanelleBrooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2014 at 6:39am
More just like period pains for me. Although this morning I've woken up feeling like I want to throw up!!
Yeah I've heard of the round ligament pain..that can be very painful! Mine seems to be more like period cramps really

Yeah I guess it's just wishful thinking when I believe I'll go early lol.

We are having a surprise! We didn't find out the sex :)

I know, I'm beginning to become a little over work now. Thinking I might drop my hours this week or maybe just for my last week next week.

Have you done the whole nesting thing yet?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonne152944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2014 at 7:40am
Good on you doing the ol' fashioned thing and not finding out the gender.

I just had to know!! I think the element of surprise is a really nice idea but I figured - hey they've the technology now, why the heck not!

Well its good you don't get those groin lighting volts because they don't tickle!! ha, ha. I get hopeful when I wake with any form of cramp but they seem to go on their own so they don't linger around for too long!

I've cleaned, I've cleaned till its exhausted me out! I hate cleaning!
knowing subconsciously this was a sign i'm sure this prompted me to do it!

Post Reply Post Reply