FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRecommended Midwives

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alibobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommended Midwives
    Posted: 08 October 2014 at 10:05pm
Hi

I've just found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant with my 1st, yay! Had my 1st doctors appt today and she told me to start looking for a midwife already. Shows how clueless I am, I was thinking of waiting till about 10 weeks!

Anyway, I have no idea of how to do this, it would have been nice to have some recommendations from friends, but it's too early to start telling people. I wondered how you all went about finding one, and if you could recommend anyone. We live in sandringham, auckland and my due date is around 11th June 2015.

TIA

Sponsored Links

Mazzymoo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzymoo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2014 at 11:48am
http://www.findyourmidwife.co.nz/midwives/central+auckland

Is a really good midwife site, i have searched the suburb for you hope it helps
its how i found mine, before i had my wee girl in May. the site allows you to see whos available for your due date and read about them and contact details

Alibobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2014 at 11:56am
Thanks Mazz. I'll have a look now, I'm sure there will be one available on there
Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2014 at 9:07am
Then you should meet with a couple and see who suits you best - it's such a personal thing to decide! I met with two and was open that I was just doing an initial meeting and they were quite used to that.

Oct 11 & Mar 12
 Post Reply Post Reply