FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMaternity Clothes HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nadezhda_a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadezhda_a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maternity Clothes HELP!
    Posted: 26 January 2016 at 1:50pm
Hi fellow OHbaby mums!

This is my first post ever on OhBaby!

I am due to start IVF again this year and want to start planning on costs etc. I had had once successful cycle in the past, and my dear son is now 2. My body, unfortunately, is no longer the same size as it was during my first pregnancy! So I need new maternity clothes!

I used to buy my clothes from Pumpkin Patch but I see they no longer offer the same range as before.

Do you have any suggestions as to where I can purchase reasonably priced maternity clothing with decent quality?
Sponsored Links

LP pka Rainyday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2016 at 8:23pm
The warehouse have some really good basics like singlets & tops.
Maybe trademe if you're on a budget.
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
DD born sleeping 09.05.16 22w5d
nadezhda_a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadezhda_a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2016 at 8:36pm
Yeah I have looked at trade me and the warehouse but are looking for other options. Where do most people shop for maternity clothes?
mm84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mm84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 2:52pm
I personally really like the Jeanswest maternity range - especially for their jeans. Depends on budget but if you can go to an outlet store or buy when they have a 40% off sale it's not too bad. I'm currently 27 weeks and have just 3 dresses on rotate because it's all I can handle wearing in this Auckland heat In early pregnancy I lived in my maternity jeans and just bigger singlet tops/t-shirts that weren't actually for maternity.Rock your bump (an online store) has some good maternity stuff too!
Hope that helps :) Good luck
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 7:05am
MM84 you read my mind - was just going to suggest Jeanswest. Was in there yesterday as currently 15wks so a bit in between and needed to get some clothes for work. Mentioned I was pregnant and they said they had a maternity range and they were extremely helpful too. Didn't look at it much but from my glance it looked good.
I've seen some in Farmers too although admittedly not much.
ASOS have a really good range. I have purchased normal clothes from them and have been very happy. Just probably need to know your measurements so you can match the size as they're UK/ Europe sizing.

I'll def be following this thread as would love to know where to buy clothes as I grow.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
kiwi222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2016 at 6:52pm
Someone suggested Kmart to me the other day - haven't checked it out yet, but could be a goer for cheaper items? I checked out Egg Maternity online the other day, but may have to start buying Lotto tickets before going shopping there for a few items ;)
rider1803 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rider1803 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2016 at 3:11pm
My best advice is just to buy some looser style tops from the likes of glassons etc and then maybe a couple of pairs of maternity jeans/pants.
I am 36 weeks and only have 2 pairs of maternity jeans, the rest of my clothes are just regular stuff in a loose style. You can spend heaps of $ and you only wear for a very short time.
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2016 at 4:42pm
3 Bears maturnity has a great range (more affordable)
http://www.3bears.co.nz/

Get breastfeeding tops, so you can wear them to breastfeed when you're out without having to get your whole boob out. I really loved having easy feed tops. So you get wear out of them when you're pregnant, and then for the next 12 mths ish as well so full use :)
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Joe248774 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe248774 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2020 at 12:04pm
I think you can find something for you everywhere. I'm not sure that clothes have the same quality but you have to see. When my sister was pregnant she was buying clothes only from this site lilylulufashion.com. She received the clothes very quickly, the price and the quality are very good. Now I'm pregnant too and also buy from there. I even bought from there before pregnancy. I like these clothes 'cause they are really stylish and practical. I guess that you can find something modern and beautiful for yourself too.
NicholasBlak252766 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicholasBlak252766 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2021 at 1:00pm
In my opinion, clothes for children should be of the best quality. I believe that clothes should be not only beautiful but also comfortable. The problem is that now it is difficult to find quality clothes. My brother's birthday is coming up and I've been thinking about what to give him. In the end, I decided to give him a t-Shirt and a sweatshirt with a print of his favorite team Manchester United. I ordered from this store https://matohash.com/collections/mato-hash-referee-shirts its size and chose the best quality. I really hope that he will like it because there were few ideas for a gift.

Edited by NicholasBlak252766 - 06 January 2021 at 1:01pm
Spot265350 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spot265350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2021 at 4:37pm
I know a good place where you can definitely find help for a case like this. If you look at the clothing subscription boxes, then you will no longer want to buy clothes in other places and variations because this type of buying clothes is the most profitable.
I've had this subscription for over a year now, and in that time, I've become thoroughly convinced that there is no online shopping option that is more convenient for me. So do my sisters, who buy several closet pieces at once for the best prices on the entire Internet, and this is the absolute truth. Try it.
 Post Reply Post Reply