FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwhos your daddy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bambam01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bambam01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whos your daddy
    Posted: 17 February 2016 at 3:02pm
Long story short i was stupid, and hooked up with an ex. two months later i found out my birth control failed and i was pregnant. The dating scan put baby as being my partners, but then baby came early, and now when i look at baby i cannot be sure.

if i make my partner take a paternity test then our home and everything we have built will be gone, even if baby is his, and it will mean years of court battles and an unstable childhood. if i make my ex take the test instead, he will try to get involved regardless of the outcome, and he will also go for custody if he is the father.

I don't want to ruin babys chance at a stable life by requesting a paternity test, but i also don't want my partner to suffer if baby is not his.

Sponsored Links

nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2016 at 4:11pm
From reading your post, your partner doesn't know that you slept with your ex? Whether it was while you were with your current partner or not, I think he deserves to know the truth. Perhaps he may be able to forgive your indiscretion, but maybe not. Probably not what you want to hear, but you never know how things will turn out, it might all work out for the best in the end.
bambam01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bambam01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2016 at 5:08pm
Sadly there is no forgiving and we will separate / sell everything and part ways. If he is baby's father he will also want custody, meaning a life of instability for baby.
Indigo Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indigo Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2016 at 5:19pm
Have you told your partner? If not, just keep it to yourself for now until you're sure... What about looking at blood types / eye colour genetics online that might solve somethings for you?
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5dhttp://FertilityFriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5b/url%5d
bambam01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bambam01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2016 at 5:35pm
I can't get blood type or DNA without explaining why. My genes have overridden everything, baby looks like me.
Indigo Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indigo Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2016 at 5:49pm
Has your partner has a recent op? They'd be on his hospital notes.. Or in his baby book ...
If your partner and ex have different coloured eyes you might be able to work out the dad with that as well..
Other than that I guess you'll just have to wait and see.. Maybe keep your thoughts to yourself
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5dhttp://FertilityFriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5b/url%5d
Nellennium View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2016 at 7:37pm
True eye colour doesn't settle down until a child is 2 I think?

Do you know dates? What was the date of your last period before getting pregnant? What was the date when you got your dating scan and how far along exactly did they say you were when you had the scan? And lastly what date was baby born?

Edited by Nellennium - 17 February 2016 at 7:38pm
haliegh210398 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haliegh210398 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2016 at 10:10am
hugs!
LaylaCarter210498 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaylaCarter210498 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2016 at 3:56am
i knowit must be hard but you need to be honest to you partner and your child... get the test and do whats right.
your child cant grown up not knowing who his daddy is and you cannot live in a lie.... you can get paternity tests online and they send out an annonymous kit, yes its expensive but you cant put a cost on this. if you dont have that kind of money try looking at some saver sites... this one has a whole host of deductions https://www.buzzcouponcodes.com[URL= ][/URL] but be sure to choose a reputable company and do some research.
the best of luck with everything xx
LaylaCarter210498 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaylaCarter210498 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2016 at 3:59am

i knowit must be hard but you need to be honest to you partner and your child... get the test and do whats right.
your child cant grown up not knowing who his daddy is and you cannot live in a lie.... you can get paternity tests online and they send out an annonymous kit, yes its expensive but you cant put a cost on this. if you dont have that kind of money try looking at some saver sites... this one has a whole host of deductions https://www.buzzcouponcodes.com but be sure to choose a reputable company and do some research.
the best of luck with everything xx
CharlieK216760 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieK216760 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2016 at 12:53am
No problem. Order dna in home test kit https://dnasu.com/product/dna-in-home-test-kit-2/ and follow instruction. You'll have to take a sample from your baby and from the husband. It won't be difficult. Then you just send samples to the lab and within 3 days you'll be given result. No need to make anybody worry. You'll know the truth. I think, your husband is the father, you don't think that the child looks similar to him, because you worry so much. Relax
 Post Reply Post Reply