New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone had a recent C Section at Palmerston North?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone had a recent C Section at Palmerston North?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chickpea33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickpea33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone had a recent C Section at Palmerston North?
    Posted: 04 August 2016 at 2:37pm
Hi Everyone I'm new here. We are expecting our first (baby boy!) in november. Due to complications, I have been told that I will probaly require a c-section. I suffer from quite bad PTSD & anxiety (with occasional panic attacks) from previous sexual abuse and am feeling extremely nervous that I might be completely naked/exposed throughout or at some point during surgery. I have also heard that sometimes they strap your arms down? Please don't answer with 'you won't care what's happening in the moment', because I will!! I would love to hear of anyone's experience with C-sec's especially at this hospital. Did you have a gown on (except the area they operated on)? Could you wear a wireless bra underneath? Did they strap you down and did they cover you up again before moving you onto your bed? Thankyou!
Sponsored Links

Indigo Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indigo Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2016 at 5:02pm
Hi chickpea.
Sorry for what you've gone through, I can imagine that would be hugely stressful.
I had a c section in New Plymouth so I can tell you a couple of things -
Yes they do tie your arms down, for safety I assume.. And no you won't be able to wear a bra as they need to check the epidural is working and often spray cold sprays on your chest and under your breasts, at least they did with me.
You are naked from the waist down.
Can you speak to your doctor / midwife and explain you are concerned and asked for changes to made? I found the whole experience very surreal and calming and was so well looked after.. I hope you get the same X
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5dhttp://FertilityFriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5b/url%5d
Indigo Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indigo Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2016 at 5:03pm
Oh and yes I wore a gown and they covered me at every point until needed and then again afterwards. I found the nurses very conscious of this x
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5dhttp://FertilityFriend.com/home/47d5e3/%5b/url%5d

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickpea33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2016 at 10:07am
Thankyou so much Indigo Blue for sharing your experience-it has really helped to put me more at ease!I will speak to both my Midwife & OB about the arm strapping and see if it is policy at this hospital and/or if it can be modified. I have had a look at some other kiwi based forums and it seems some women have had their arms strapped while others, not at all. Thanks again for your reply, I really appreciate it!
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2016 at 4:19pm
I had a c section in palmy and can't remember my arms being strapped down they were out to side and they were very nice and considerate to not leave you lying exposed unecccesarily
TTC #2 since July 2014. Have had 3 ectopics May 15, Oct 15 and Aug 16. IVF is the only option now as no tubes left
DD1 born Jan 14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickpea33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2016 at 12:01pm
Thankyou for that Kumeroa, it's good to know you had a good experience there
 Post Reply Post Reply