FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked35 weeks with gestational diabetes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hayley219042 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayley219042 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 35 weeks with gestational diabetes
    Posted: 11 January 2017 at 10:33am
Hi im really needing advice! So I have gestational diabetes and it's controlled with metformin tablets, I had a growth scan on Monday and they said my bubs was around 6lb 10oz, my blood sugars are generally controlled but I do have high readings every now and then. Yesterday I saw the doctors at the hospital and they've decided they are happy to wait til my due date to induce.. now I am very scared and confused because the whole time they have told me I will be induced at 38weeks and I was very content with that as I'm a massive reasercher so have read all the risks of going to term or past term with gd. Also my previous baby was 9lb 1oz and he got stuck while coming out and had mild shoulder dystocia. My bubs now is on the same size scale he was and looks like will be the same size a term if not more! I'm terrified of this happening again, I'm terrified of having a c section so really want to do what I can to make those outcomes even a little bit less. What can I do in regards to not agreeing with the doctor and really not wanting to wait til 40weeks and have all those increased risks etc? Sorry for the long read and thanks heaps for any advice
Sponsored Links

Ailynz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ailynz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 10:53pm
You can always speak with your mw to discuss your concerns esp with your history and the Dr can re-evaluate the decision or help alleviate those concerns.
 Post Reply Post Reply