FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGetting time to yourself?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
David248050 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David248050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting time to yourself?
    Posted: 14 May 2019 at 4:22am
We have a very active two and a half year old, and we love him to pieces. We both work full time and we don't have local family or friends who can do babysitting. The way things pan out we only get 1-2 hrs a day to ourselves without cutting into our sleep time. It was a bit easier in summer because one of us could take him out in the evening to the playground etc to give the other a little break. He doesn't nap much during the day any more. It's quite challenging to both get necessary things done and get downtime.

Does anybody have any suggestions for ways we can manage our time or things we can do with him to improve the balance?
Sponsored Links

Amber265619 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber265619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 1:32pm
Hi! I was in the same situation here, I am not sure I was able to sleep when my son was a newborn. I work from home, and my son needs a lot of attention, it's really hard. He doesn't want to sleep at night, also he wants to play with me all the time. It's better now, I turn on the music and he becomes calmer. I am sure a lot of women faced it.
roberto265834 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roberto265834 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2020 at 5:28pm
Thanks for your suggestion. Many parents faced this issue.
Men253877 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Men253877 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2021 at 9:26pm
I swear to God that if you think now you have a hard time, wait till your baby grows up a little. With mine it was easy. I slept when she slept. Then I enrolled her to https://littlescholarsnyc.com/locations/little-scholars-5/ as this pre-school education group was highly recommended to me by my neighbors. I think you need to keep their contacts for the nearest future.
 Post Reply Post Reply